Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.5 R or used A45?

Daily
    VW Golf
    2nd Car
    Jeep
    Name
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by blackmsport View Post
    Yes USED RS3

New 7.5 R full specs possibly 60K

Offer this 62K and you have much better car

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/...-4777600/?Cr=1
    Indeed. So much want...

Daily
    Mk7 R

I totally agree with Above, If you could get RS3 for around 62k that would be good buy. But that model doesn't have virtual cockpit, doesn't have electric seats, I don't love the look of the RS3 hatch compared to both A45 and 7.5R. Unless in Nardo Grey with black rims, then I like it.

I love the look of the CLA45 but highly doubt you can get a 2016 one for less than $80k and considering you could get new 7.5R for prob under $60k that's significant price difference.

I'd probably say A45 if you can get the 2016 (280kw) one for around 60-65K with reasonably low Km. Still have warranty etc.

If you don't care too much about warranty then 7.5R negotiate well and get price of around 57K and then custom tune with stage 2 mods. Have the new tech and performance that will beat both RS3 and A45.

Either way all 3 are awesome cars and no doubt you will be happy either way.

Daily
    2012 Golf R
    2nd Car
    2009 Audi A4 Avant
    Name
    Pete

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts guys! Its helping my decisions!

I would absolutely love an RS3, and it would win my money hands down but I just can't justify spending over 10K more than what I can get a new R for, or a A45/CLA45. I'm able to get a new R, exactly in my desired spec (DSG, Indium Grey + Sunroof) for just over 57K.... Which I think is a truely fantastic deal. Part of me also wants to know more about the Golf R Grid too.

I'd be looking at 2013-15 A/CLA45's as they are in the $50,000 range. Would prefer to keep out of the $60,000's and other than the fact that the 2016+ have Adaptive Dampers, I couldnt justify spending the extra.

Still even considering S3's lightly used too. Can get a 2016-17 in the late $50,000's and its a just a bit nicer than the R... Thoughts?

Daily
    Mk7 R

That's great price for the 7.5R you have been given.

I'd pick it over a 3yo A45 as much more tech in it.

Thoughts on S3- Love it! Wife has had the pre FL S3 sedan and she now has the FL sedan and couldn't be happier. If you go S3 obviously make sure it's FL version and big improvement.

I can't comment in comparing to 7.5R but compared to my 2014R it's night and day better inside, features etc. I've sat in the 7.5 and it's very nice but still slightly behind IMO.

I personally feel like Audi have basically perfected the interior and features, it's just such a nice place to be. Feels like you're in a top end luxury car if you know what I mean.

Daily
    Golf R and BMW X1
    2nd Car
    BMW 135i Coming soon
    Name
    Linh

Not a big fan of A45

fast car I am sure but very small inside, exhaust note sounds like farting and some people I know say it's very stiff suspension and bumpy for australian urban road surface
    Cars : 2013 Golf R, 2011 BMW X1 Xdrive25i, Bicycles Argon 18 Krypton + Gallium Pro + E114, watch collector

Daily
    Mk7 GTI PP
    2nd Car
    MK 6 118 tsi
    Name
    james

Quote Originally Posted by blackmsport View Post
    Not a big fan of A45

fast car I am sure but very small inside, exhaust note sounds like farting and some people I know say it's very stiff suspension and bumpy for australian urban road surface
    Agree re the stiff suspension, a mate has one I couldnt have it as a daily.

Daily
    Grey Wolfie Wagon
    2nd Car
    07 Forester XT Lux

How much are you really going to push the car? Will significantly more kW outweigh brand-new over used (and unknown factors)?
    It's your all-round car, as someone said the A45s are quite small, an R would handle more luggage for 2 for a driving holiday.
    Depreciation sucks, but the payoff is better warranty (altho debatable VW warranty vs Merc warranty) and guaranteed no crappy history.
    A45s (and RS3) are going to sound heaps better, and be more fun through blatts... but again how much will you be able to push them anyway?
    A45s (and RS3) are hotter looking IMO and there's fewer of them on the roads than Rs... but the new updated cockpit is AWESOME.

Write a pro-con column, with your favourite aspects of cars (eg Performance, fun, comfort, all-round, costs etc) giving each car a mark out of ten in your opinion. Then add it up at the bottom and see which has the better score? Then just go and buy whichever one you already have decided on in the bottom of your heart lol

Daily
    RS3
    2nd Car
    Ducati
    Name
    Nath

Quite a few RS3 owners i know have come from A45's and they state the interior build quality was low (creaks over time) and gearbox wasn't the best if you want to mod for power... I took one for a spin and found the seats and overall ride uncomfortable and only drove it literally around the block..

I'd personally go the MK7.5R or may be able to find a 12-18mth RS3 within your budget (get the performance pack as a minimum!)

Daily
    2012 Golf R
    2nd Car
    2009 Audi A4 Avant
    Name
    Pete

Thanks for all the help above guys! Ive ended up driving the A45 for a few hours and came away quite disappointed.

Im now heading straight in the direction of 7.5 R, or even a runout 7 R depending on what's around at the time for the money .

Daily
    My17 Golf R
    Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by MRT View Post
    Thanks for all the help above guys! Ive ended up driving the A45 for a few hours and came away quite disappointed.

Im now heading straight in the direction of 7.5 R, or even a runout 7 R depending on what's around at the time for the money .
    Sell you a nicely modded Silver 7r under 15ks on it

+ Reply to Thread