Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pedal Sensitivity - 4 pot brembo kit

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Brake Pedal Sensitivity - 4 pot brembo kit

Sup guys, I'm running a 4 pot brembo big brake setup on my APR stage 2 MK7R. My rotors are 355mm two piece slotted rotors. I'm also running motul RBF660 racing brake fluid. My pads are hawk performance which I just put in a week ago (costed around $200). I'd like to know - how can I make my brake pedal feel instant when applying the brake? I notice my brake pedal requires a longer push to activate the brake compared to a mate's 4 pot TTRS brake kit in his mk7 GTI which requires almost nothing on the brake pedal for a large amount of stopping power to be applied?... does it come down to the brake pads? What should I have in order to have a sensitive brake pedal and feel the stopping power come on with the slightest of presses?
    Cheers guys!

Daily
    MK7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Amarok
    Name
    Adem Birol

Non thread related but I cant message you, it keeps saying your inbox is full? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    My 16 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Nissan Dualis
    Name
    lenny

Did you bed the rotors in when put on? also may need a Different more aggressive pad.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by lenny555 View Post
    Did you bed the rotors in when put on? also may need a Different more aggressive pad.
    Yes I definitely bedded the rotors in when they were first installed, drove very cautiously on the pedal for around 400km. I'm hearing from a few people it may come down to the pad... what do you recommend I should be running?

Daily
    MK7R
    2nd Car
    Polo GTI
    Name
    Sam

Its the relationship between the master cylinder and caliper piston area. Nothing to do with pad compound.

If you've changed calipers to those with larger piston area, your pedal will need to travel further to actuate the same amount of pad pressure.

read here

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48777
    Mk6 GTI 6MT - 11.02 @ 127.50 mph
    Mk7 R DSG - 11.456 @ 119.08 mph