Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake Pedal Sensitivity - 4 pot brembo kit

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Is it safe to mess with your braking system? would you have someone who isn't a qualified mechanic do it?
    Oh no he is definitely a qualified mechanic and know what he's talking about. He knows about master cylinders and caliper piston areas so I trust him with any work to do on my car. Just curious about the Audi TTRS MKII master cylinder and if replacing my OEM one will fix the pedal issue!

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

http://www.hstuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=4463

This is exactly the thing I need I'm pretty sure according to its item description, ordering this and my mechanic will install it. Should fix the pedal feel 100%!

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Damn^ the description of that RS3 master cylinder upgrade kit says it's for MKV GTI's and R's as well as MKVI's..... doesn't mention MK7 anywhere - sent HSTuning an email to find out if it would be compatiable or if there's a later model compatible with the MK7 R.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Ok I called and spoke with HS Tuning. They said that their rs3 master cylinder upgrade kit is only suited for the MK5 and mk6. It does not suit a MK7. Dammit >.< they did mention that their rs3 master cylinder in their kit came off the "8P" model of the RS3. Im wondering whether I can directly buy an rs3 master cylinder from the latest 8V model directly from Audi spare parts in sydney and put that in my MK7R.. I don't know if it's that simple.. Any advice anyone?

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Ok so I've discovered that the RS3 8V brake master cylinder is the exact same as the MK7R master cylinder... so no point in buying the rs3 one in the hope of a difference.. gonna have to do some more research. Surely there's someone with a MK7R that has done this..

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Golf 7R's master cylinder by a part number 23.81mm.
    AUDI MK2 TTRS 8J's master cylinder is 25.40mm, and is about 8% bigger in size. Looks like I'll be going with the TTRS master cylinder in order to fix the pedal feel and sensitivity! I'll probably have to order one from Audi spare parts.. wonder what it will cost me.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Called up Audi spare parts parramatta:
    1. TTRS MK2 8J 25.40mm Master cylinder : part #8J2611021F ($740 - holy shit)..

2. O-ring : part #1J0611243 ($18)..

Defs gonna do some online hunting and see if I can get a better price on that part number for the master cylinder.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Audi TTRS MK2 8J Master Cylinder.
    Part #8J2611021F

O-Gasket Ring.
    Part #1J0611243

Got both of them + postage to Australia from the UK for $590AUD total.

Now let's see how it all goes when I get it installed next week in my MK7R. Hope it all goes well! I'm one of the very few doing a MK7R MC upgrade for a touchy pedal.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

The Audi TTRS MK2 8J 25.40mm Master cylinder : part #8J2611021F does NOT fit in my 2016 MK7 Golf R - gonna have to return the item.
    Still yet to find an upgraded/larger master cylinder to fit the MK7 R. There's gotta be someone in the world that's done a master cylinder upgrade on a MK7 R.....

Daily
    Golf R Mk 7

The 8J is the old model TTRS. I would have thought you were more likely to have luck with the master cylinder from the current model TTRS (FV)?

+ Reply to Thread