Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diverter Valve Q's - EA113 2.0TFSI 188kW

Daily
    MY16 Scirocco R DSG
    Name
    Toby

Diverter Valve Q's - EA113 2.0TFSI 188kW

Hi guys,

I have a MY16 Scirocco R with the EA113 188kW engine. I have fitted a RamAir cold air intake. I'm not real happy with the sound caused from the diverter valve, it is a fairly loud and protracted psshhhttt sound of the air pressure coming back out through the pod filter, and it's fairly loud even in the cabin with the windows shut at low RPM city driving.

I was wondering whether there is any way of adjusting the diverter valve so it only opens at higher RPM/boost levels. Like if the DV is electronically controlled, is there a way it can be adjusted on VCDS, or if mechanically controlled (ie. vacuum & springs), can it be adjusted somehow? Can I just blank off the DV outlet and the DV connection on the intake pipe (just for experiment sake), or will this cause me problems?

I'd much prefer some quiet compressor flutter over a pssshhhht blow-off sound driving around the city :-)
    His: MY16 Scirocco R DSG
    Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG

Previous:
    His: MY11 Mk6 GTI Adidas DSG
    Hers: MY12 Up!

Daily
    2008 Jetta TFSI
    2nd Car
    Audi B6 A4 1.8T
    Name
    Gary

The only way to reduce the noice is to remove the pod style filter, the DV can not be adjusted electronically, a change to a blow off style DV will create more problems, there could be a leak pre turbo on the intake but that generally sounds like a whistle
    2008 FSI Jetta 2.0T Tune by DriverMotorsport S2

Daily
    MY16 Scirocco R DSG
    Name
    Toby

Aftermarket DVs are usually adjustable so I was just wondering if the stock one was. I realise the pod filter is why it's loud, that's not the issue really, the issue is that the DV opens at such low RPM driving, and that I prefer the compressor flutter sound.
    When I say "problems" what I meant was if I somehow trick the DV am I likely to get lights popping up on the dash...

Daily
    2010 MK6 Golf R
    Name
    Antony

At low RPM my GFB DV+ doesn't open and there is heaps of flutter. I think i may remove it and re grease the valve.
    2010 MK6 R | Spectune Stage 1.5 (Aggressive) | Spectune Intake

+ Reply to Thread