Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jb4 tune

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

JB is great if you're concerned about warranty as it can't be detected, power jumps from 168Kw atw to 190~192 atw everywhere so it's very real for the $. The flipside is a decent tune with nothing else by a couple of decent places will get you from 210~225Kw atw. Thats fact, no BS mythical figures.
    The tune will kill the JB on the roll due to its superior midrange but the JB can still be tweaked to give a good top end too - not far behind the tune however at that point you have to be carefull and watch AFRs and knock retard
    They are both good just different

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    GTI MK6 2012

looking to buy a used jb4 and cable for my 7.5 R

Daily
    Mk7 Wolfie Wagon
    2nd Car
    Audi Q3
    Name
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by nosound View Post
    looking to buy a used jb4 and cable for my 7.5 R
    PMed

Daily
    Mk7 R

I've always been fan of getting full tune over JB4 but I wouldn't risk voiding a warranty again. Yes I did it, tuned my Mk7R with APR tune Dec 14 and no issues related to tune. (car was 6 months old at time) I have now got water pump issue and getting replaced Friday I believe it's about $1400 and my haldex not working correctly which new update possibly could fix and if not new haldex pump. Another possible $1k+. Both of these are "known" to have issues and I am out of warranty now but I'd hate to have had these go within the 3yr warranty and have it voided from tune.

I know pay to play and I have no issues paying the $$ for repairs and getting new MP4S tyres at same time but being "older and wiser now" I'd probably stick to JB4, possibly intake for sound/inlet too. Things that can easily be removed. Then after warranty over I'd go stage 2 with DSG tune. I love the mods I've done and way car performs but I'm slightly disappointed in having 2 issues within 3.5yrs of ownership and I do best to maintain car, never track, never used LC.

Daily
    GTI MK6 2012

Ok made the leap and installed the jb4. Runs great although i notice i lost a bit of the aggressiveness of the sound of the engine/exhaust when driving and idling. It sounded louder before i installed the jb4. Is this normal?

+ Reply to Thread