Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble starting and stopping Push Button start

Daily
    Mk7 GTI PP
    2nd Car
    MK 6 118 tsi
    Name
    james

Trouble starting and stopping Push Button start

Hi, i have a 2016 GTI Performance. in the last few days the car has taken longer to start (push button) and is difficult to turn off? Has anyone else experienced this ?
    Is it the key, maybe the battery in the key ?

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Probably your battery in your key. Check the dash that it's not coming up with a "change your battery" notification. The notification has been coming up on my dash for a while now in my mk7 Golf R but I've been lazy to change the battery.... start stop button works fine though, no issues - have to change the battery soon. About $1 from woolies I think.

Daily
    Mk7 GTI PP
    2nd Car
    MK 6 118 tsi
    Name
    james

Quote Originally Posted by Antony94 View Post
    Probably your battery in your key. Check the dash that it's not coming up with a "change your battery" notification. The notification has been coming up on my dash for a while now in my mk7 Golf R but I've been lazy to change the battery.... start stop button works fine though, no issues - have to change the battery soon. About $1 from woolies I think.
    Thanks for the info, silly question is there a way to start the car if you had a totally flat battery in the key ?

+ Reply to Thread