Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VW Golf 92tsi Exhaust options

Daily
    me
    2nd Car
    NONE
    Name
    Nik

VW Golf 92tsi Exhaust options

i've got a regular golf, but want to make the car sound a little nicer but don't want to go spending thousands on an exhaust system.

done some looking around and have come to 3 options which i don't quite fully understand, i get the jist of the first two

1. a cat back system
    2. muffler delete
    3. taking out the middle muffler

what i understand is that option 1 & 2 should cost around a few hundred bucks, my question is that has anyone made their regular golf sound better with any of these or does anyone have a suggestion about this?

thanks

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Not too sure about what can be done with a 92tsi.... may aswell delete the resonator & muffler if u want some deepness and growl, but yet again I've never seen or even watched videos of a 92tsi with a sick exhaust system haha. I would recommend deleting the two, would be the cheapest option & spending close to $1k on a brand new aftermarket exhaust system just doesn't seem justifiable on a 92tsi.

Daily
    me
    2nd Car
    NONE
    Name
    Nik

yeah i had trouble to find anything for the 92tsi on youtube

I called up an exhaust place and asked about the resonator/muffler delete and they said best off with the resonator as its a bit louder but not that much, and said not to worry about the muffler delete.

$70 as well so thats pretty cheap

Daily
    Golf7 110 TSI R-Line
    Name
    Jungwoo Lee

I own a 110 tsi (same engine) and I've first had res delete, it didn't really do much for me so I've installed xforce varex. With res del, you can't really hear the pops or the dsg farts as the rear muffler still reduces the noise but with the varex, when the valve is open she pops and farts like a beauty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread