Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VW Golf 92tsi Exhaust options

Daily
    me
    2nd Car
    NONE
    Name
    Nik

VW Golf 92tsi Exhaust options

i've got a regular golf, but want to make the car sound a little nicer but don't want to go spending thousands on an exhaust system.

done some looking around and have come to 3 options which i don't quite fully understand, i get the jist of the first two

1. a cat back system
    2. muffler delete
    3. taking out the middle muffler

what i understand is that option 1 & 2 should cost around a few hundred bucks, my question is that has anyone made their regular golf sound better with any of these or does anyone have a suggestion about this?

thanks

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Not too sure about what can be done with a 92tsi.... may aswell delete the resonator & muffler if u want some deepness and growl, but yet again I've never seen or even watched videos of a 92tsi with a sick exhaust system haha. I would recommend deleting the two, would be the cheapest option & spending close to $1k on a brand new aftermarket exhaust system just doesn't seem justifiable on a 92tsi.

Daily
    me
    2nd Car
    NONE
    Name
    Nik

yeah i had trouble to find anything for the 92tsi on youtube

I called up an exhaust place and asked about the resonator/muffler delete and they said best off with the resonator as its a bit louder but not that much, and said not to worry about the muffler delete.

$70 as well so thats pretty cheap

+ Reply to Thread