Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car Wont Turn Off

Daily
    MK7 Golf 90TSI
    Name
    Andy

Car Wont Turn Off

Hey guys

I have a 2014 MK7 90TSI and it wont turn off... Have to take key out of ignition

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Daily
    Golf 103TSI
    2nd Car
    Polo (6R)

Quote Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
    Hey guys

I have a 2014 MK7 90TSI and it wont turn off... Have to take key out of ignition

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy
    Andy: Of course anything is possible, but my hunch is that the problem is with the electrical switch that is at the end of the key lock. In the wiring diagram, it's called D (see below). D has a series of sliding contacts that open/close as the key turns in the lock

As shown, the switch connects directly to "J527" (not shown, but it's the device at the end of the 6 x wire loom in my picture) which is the Steering column electronics control unit. This device reads the D switch contacts and then it sends the relevant messages to various other control modules via the CAN bus (like engine turn ON/OFF)

Here's a picture of D sitting at the end of the key-lock mechanism

If you can get access to the cable and you have a multi-meter, here's how the contacts should operate as you move the key lock through it's 4 x positions

Check these first - if you don't find a problem in the key-switch, then the problem can be in the CAN bus message

Don
    Golf MkVII (103 TSI) my13

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

I dont have a suggestion for the problem but want to thank Don for his post. This guy is always so helpful and informative.
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

+ Reply to Thread