Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: E brake Software updat

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

E brake Software updat

Just called in at VW to get my window regulator looked at and the first thing she tells me is that while you are here we’ll do the software update for your e brake. As far I I can tell there is nothing wrong with it but it needs to be done. I read somewhere recently they had there’s done as the rear brakes would grind when first driving off which mine do too but it doesn’t bother me, but after the update the handbrake didn’t work at all so we’ll see. Just for info I had my drivers side front window regulator changed under warranty 6 months ago and now my passenger front window keeps on forgetting the auto up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

I hate the way that these days you have to keep visiting the dealer to find out a bout updates and firmware changes. You would think the least they can do is is have a web page listing changes and what they are for.
    I hate taking my car to the dealer. I have never had a positive experience.
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Desired mods;Short Shifter; Slotted rotors; tune ; Black front VW Emblem

Daily
    Golf GTI mk6
    Name
    Adam

Same here, very mixed experiences from the main dealer. Sometimes they do things that surprise me in a good way and other times I get home check their work under the bonnet and have to reattach parts that they have missed. Yes there should be some kind of info that lets us know of updates but I suppose it’s a way for them to try and keep costumers as services and repairs is how they make there money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread