Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MKVI RCD 310 Upgrade

Daily
    Golf MKVI 118TSI
    Name
    Daniel

MKVI RCD 310 Upgrade

Hi All,

I'm looking for some opinions and advice in upgrading my RCD 310.

I've just purchased a 2009 (MY10) 118tsi and it has the RCD 310 installed currently which I want to upgrade.

At minimum I'd like to add bluetooth to the current system (as it doesn't have it) but this seems costly for just one feature.

I'm a little unsure where to go from there ideally something with Nav would be great or even Apple CarPlay.

That said there are so many things out there and aftermarket options but I am curious if anyone has experiences to share before making a choice.

Also if anyone has a recommended auto electrician in Sydney that would be great!

Thanks.

Daily
    2010 MK6 Golf R
    Name
    Antony

Hi Mate

Look at carjoying.com

I got one of these installed into my MK6 R and it was the best thing ever. Full GPS and Bluetooth. Waze/Google maps works a treat and spotify is also awesome! You do need to use your phone as a hotspot in order to get the full functionality to work properly.
    I haven't really had an issue with it at all.

See how you go.
    2010 MK6 R | Spectune Stage 1.5 (Aggressive) | Spectune Intake

Daily
    06 TDI Comfortline

Look at the RCD330 as well, seems like a well priced plug-n-play alternative that includes CarPlay for the MK6.

Daily
    MY11 MK6 R 3 Door
    Name
    SB

Quote Originally Posted by gle1234 View Post
    Look at the RCD330 as well, seems like a well priced plug-n-play alternative that includes CarPlay for the MK6.
    So happy with my RCD330+

Its made life so much easier with Carplay now (you can get a version that has the Android alternative). Id suggest looking into one of those. Installed mine myself in 15min as well.

Daily
    Mk6 R

Quote Originally Posted by AHSIRT2 View Post
    So happy with my RCD330+

Its made life so much easier with Carplay now (you can get a version that has the Android alternative). Id suggest looking into one of those. Installed mine myself in 15min as well.
    + 1.

Daily
    Golf MKVI 118TSI
    Name
    Daniel

Thanks All,

I have the RCD330+ in and it is ace! Super easy to install also!

After buying it thought I also decided to buy an aftermarket and compatible reverse camera that replaces the factory badge. I was going to install it myself but then realised (after stripping all the trim) I was a little out of my league.

Does anyone know of a good installer in Sydney?

Thanks all

+ Reply to Thread