Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aircon vent tab fitment

Daily
    vw mk5 golf 2.0 fsi
    Name
    Ken Jerrems

Aircon vent tab fitment

One of my aircon vent tabs was missing until I found it in one of the dashboard compartments. It does not appear to be damaged in any way.
    Q, Does anyone know how to open it up so I can refit it. It is definately a two piece unit, an inner part and an outer part?

Ken

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Hi mate, yeah its really easy but a bit hard to explain with just text, best thing to help would be to search youtube for P3 Gauge install as its pretty what your looking for, they show how the vent comes apart and how the fins go together.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    vw mk5 golf 2.0 fsi
    Name
    Ken Jerrems

Hi Frazza,

Thanks for the Youtube link re the vent construction.

Although I could'nt find anything that shows how to reinstall the silver slide knob, it seems I would have to remove the entire vent, then the front cover to gain excess to the horizontal blades.

From there pop out the middle blade, slide the silver knob to about the centre and pop the blade back in, reassemble and bob's your uncle.

Would you agree?

Ken

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by neksmerj View Post
    Hi Frazza,
    Thanks for the Youtube link re the vent construction.
    Although I could'nt find anything that shows how to reinstall the silver slide knob, it seems I would have to remove the entire vent, then the front cover to gain excess to the horizontal blades.
    From there pop out the middle blade, slide the silver knob to about the centre and pop the blade back in, reassemble and bob's your uncle.
    Would you agree?
    Ken
    Yeah absolutely, no way you can do it without taking the vent out and then removing the face panel, seems scary but just take your time its not as hard as it looks.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    vw mk5 golf 2.0 fsi
    Name
    Ken Jerrems

Thanks Frazza

Any thoughts on repairing a deep gouge in the rear plastic bumper?

Ken

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by neksmerj View Post
    Thanks Frazza
    Any thoughts on repairing a deep gouge in the rear plastic bumper?
    Ken
    Not really too many tricks for that one, best to take it to a touchup guys, they might be able to sort it

+ Reply to Thread