Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit

Daily
    MK5 2.0L FSI T4
    2nd Car
    BMW M140i
    Name
    VCDS Professional

P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit

Hello,

Car is a 2006 MK5 GTI KO4. Has recently had its Intake Camshaft, Chain & Tensioner, Water Pump, HPFP and follower done.

Symptoms I am experiencing are lots of shuddering the car about to stall with white smoke coming from the exhaust. Car threw the code (P0100 Mass or Volume Air Flow "A" Circuit) I checked and cleaned the MAF and intake then cleared the code but still runs very rough and cannot be driven. Checked intake for leaks none found. Checked for damage to MAF wiring harness none found. Found some oil in the top of turbocharger and intake piping is this a concern?. Really not sure whats going on. Hopefully get the chance to plug it into to VCDS tonight and do some logging.

Last edited by Stunnix; 10-02-2018 at 03:48 PM.

probably a dumb suggestion.. but if youve checked all those things, maybe a fuse blew when the error code triggered.
    happened to me once.. i replaced a throttle body but error light wouldnt go away .. found out months later it was cause a fuse blew

Daily
    MK5 2.0L FSI T4
    2nd Car
    BMW M140i
    Name
    VCDS Professional

Quote Originally Posted by jaackyy View Post
    probably a dumb suggestion.. but if youve checked all those things, maybe a fuse blew when the error code triggered.
    happened to me once.. i replaced a throttle body but error light wouldnt go away .. found out months later it was cause a fuse blew
    Hi Jack,

I have just gone and checked the 10A Fuse and its dead. Apparently this is for the AUX Heater Relay, PCV Heating Element and MAF Sensor this would explain the white smoke. I'd still like to log this with VCDS to confirm it's the only present issue but I think this might have solved the problem . I will get some new fuses tonight and put everything back together then try start it. Thanks for your reply!

Daily
    MK5 2.0L FSI T4
    2nd Car
    BMW M140i
    Name
    VCDS Professional

UPDATE: So I went to the Autobarn and got some parts, I replaced the silicon intake adapter which was damaged around the turbo and also replaced the 10A fuse for the MAF sensor. Put everything back together, cleared the codes and tried to start the car. The car still shudders and engine shakes badly no white smoke however. I then decided to replace all 10A fuses and re-check wiring for MAF and DV connectors. I disconnected the DV plug and cleaned the connector and finally she started running normally. Will have to do a test drive to see how it holds up but for now it is idling beautifully.

HAHA no worries mate.
    Yeah the fuse that blew when my throttle body died, was related to my A/C for some reason... i didnt think the 2 issues were related.. until one day i checked fuses and as soon as I replaced it, the Check engine light disappeared and my AC started working again

+ Reply to Thread