Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf 7 R - tyre recommendation.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Simon

Golf 7 R - tyre recommendation.

Hi
    My R has now done 23000kms and is due for tyres. Incidentally is this average mileage for the factory set? I've driven pretty sedately aside from a couple of spirited 10 minute sessions up winding mountain passes. They scuffed noticeably after those brief blasts.

The factory tyres were great. Very sticky. I haven't priced them yet but I'm thinking it will be eye watering?
    Any other recommendations? I'm in Brisbane - any tips on good value tyre shops?

Thanks in advance.

Daily
    Golf Alltrack
    Name
    Joel

Potenza RE003 seems to be one of the cheapest high performance tyres available, but still one of the best. Not sure what sort of life to expect out of them but I've just put them on my car after having them briefly on the old car. Amazing tyres. Depending on where you are in Brisbane, Jax at Slacks Creek have always been good to me and a few others too.

Daily
    Mk5 Tdi
    Name
    Craig

try Costco, well worth the membership, fuel up while you're there too

Daily
    Mk7 R

I got the Michelin mp4s recently on the front. Totally fixed traction issues. Not the cheapest though.

I have heard Re003 are good and good value on reviews.

I got 40k km out of stock front tyres on stage1/2 since 5k km but no launches or track time. I believe that my rear still had plenty tread left.

I think if you track car, launch often and drive hard you can easily go through tyres in less than 10k km.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by mp2811 View Post
    I got the Michelin mp4s recently on the front. Totally fixed traction issues. Not the cheapest though.

I have heard Re003 are good and good value on reviews.

I got 40k km out of stock front tyres on stage1/2 since 5k km but no launches or track time. I believe that my rear still had plenty tread left.

I think if you track car, launch often and drive hard you can easily go through tyres in less than 10k km.
    Hey mp2811, any chance you could delete some msgs in your inbox? trying to send you a private msg - shoot me a priv msg when you've freed up some space and I'll respond to you.

+ Reply to Thread