Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creaking Strut Tops

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

If it is as simple as this 2min video - I'm sure I could do it myself? similar for a Golf R MK7? Thanks guys.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYhCQ3Vrba8

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

On second thought.. I don't think it is so simple to do on a Golf R MK7.. Anyone have experience in applying lithium grease to bushings, etc? Anyone in Sydney that people recommend? Thanks.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

I have had the subframe removed recently and reinstalled... so it could be something like in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2tv1db19uM

Daily
    Golf R 7 Lapiz Blue
    2nd Car
    VW transporter t6
    Name
    Chris

Same issue here guys . Haven’t done anything about it yet. Car out of warranty. Let us all know if anyone cracks the mystery ....

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

Take it to the dealership, get them to do it. I believe there's a TPI for it.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by trozzle View Post
    Take it to the dealership, get them to do it. I believe there's a TPI for it.
    Will they still do under warranty even with VWR springs and my car being heavily modified..? I have a year left on my warranty. It's like the car does the creak sound more when it's cold but only on a sharp angled turn entering a driveway for eg.. it's weird.. I think some connecting points/bushings need some lithium grease.. odd how a 2016 car needs to be maintained like this.

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

I'd think the fact there are multiple vehicles - mine included - that have zero suspension mods, have made this horrible sound, have had it fixed by the dealership (they even replaced my control arm bushes AND strut top bearings), and the fucking thing starts making the same shithouse sounds again just a couple of months later.

It can't be blamed on your springs when it seems to be part of the fucking design as is seemingly my experience.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

I'd think the fact there are multiple vehicles - mine included - that have zero suspension mods, have made this horrible sound, have had it fixed by the dealership (they even replaced my control arm bushes AND strut top bearings), and the fucking thing starts making the same shithouse sounds again just a couple of months later.

It can't be blamed on your springs when it seems to be part of the fucking design as is seemingly my experience.
    Hmm.. I had my strut top bearings bearings replaced with brand new ones, just because I wanted to when I initially had my vwr springs installed. so I doubt it could be the strut top bearings. Maybe instead of replacing your bushes they should put lithium grease..? I'm taking my car in on Monday to have my coolant/thermostat pump all replaced under warranty (coolant issue is very common on mk7's) and I don't think vw can say oh ur car is tuned we can't replace ur coolant pump etc.. they obviously will. And since my car is there I'll tell them about the bushings creaking and I'll demonstrate to the dealer by entering a driveway somewhere on an angle.. and hopefully they can diagnose and fix it.

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

Pretty sure whatever the issue is, it's going to keep coming back. So long as it's just something creaking and no concern of something failing, I think I'm just going to live with it.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Pretty sure whatever the issue is, it's going to keep coming back. So long as it's just something creaking and no concern of something failing, I think I'm just going to live with it.
    Went to VW, there is a TPI for the creaking, you were right. all u need to do is jack the car up on each side and spray lithium grease on the control arm bushings for the front two wheels. That will solve the creaking, spray a good amount all over, on each end & along it, etc. and yeah - the part is not failing, u just gotta spray the grease to fix the noise... although on such new cars this shouldn't be happening in general. but anyway.

+ Reply to Thread