Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Creaking Strut Tops

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

The issue has not changed on my 7R. I'm running VWR springs for suspension, and that's about it. If I am entering a driveway on an angle that has a slight steepness to it and is not relatively flat, I will 100% of the time get the creaking sound for a second or two as I enter, happens on every single driveway that I enter sideways going upwards.. I only noticed this sound come winter in sydney.. I tried applying silicone grease directly all over the bushings, made zero difference. I've just learnt the live with it, nothing wrong with the actual suspension just poor design for it to be creaking like this.. just have music up when entering driveways and dnt pay attention to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Antony94 View Post
    The issue has not changed on my 7R. I'm running VWR springs for suspension, and that's about it. If I am entering a driveway on an angle that has a slight steepness to it and is not relatively flat, I will 100% of the time get the creaking sound for a second or two as I enter, happens on every single driveway that I enter sideways going upwards.. I only noticed this sound come winter in sydney.. I tried applying silicone grease directly all over the bushings, made zero difference. I've just learnt the live with it, nothing wrong with the actual suspension just poor design for it to be creaking like this.. just have music up when entering driveways and dnt pay attention to it lol
    I'm getting exact same problem now on my Mk7R. Getting very annoying as its getting louder over the months. Have not touched my suspension system. Taking it to VW to get it looked at, sounds like my old 1998 corolla when going over speed bumps or driveway at an angle.

On top of that I am hearing this strange vibration noise from the dashboard which increases or deceases in sound as I rev between 1k to 3.5krpm. They couldn't figure out whats causing it.

This car is starting to do my head in for something that's only 2 years old.

Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ultramoo View Post
    I'm getting exact same problem now on my Mk7R. Getting very annoying as its getting louder over the months. Have not touched my suspension system. Taking it to VW to get it looked at, sounds like my old 1998 corolla when going over speed bumps or driveway at an angle.

On top of that I am hearing this strange vibration noise from the dashboard which increases or deceases in sound as I rev between 1k to 3.5krpm. They couldn't figure out whats causing it.

This car is starting to do my head in for something that's only 2 years old.
    I get that same vibration in the dash. Taken it to VW and they've said they can't do anything because I'm out of warranty haha

Yet to have any issue with the struts yet tho

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

If you're experiencing this issue or similar sounds from your suspension/undercarriage you wouldn't expect to be made by a $55,000 vehicle, please get onto your VW dealer about it and keep on them. The warranty clerk for my dealership is now refusing to further assess my (seemingly) strut-top bearing issue, despite it recently having been rectified by them at the same time as control arm bushes (after 2 years of fucking around with no idea what was wrong in either case). The control arm grinding/creaking sound is back too, but they won't give a shit about that either. "Already replaced them" and "it's out of warranty now" is their attitude. Really REALLY not fucking happy with this car, my VW dealership, or VW Aus. Cannot wait to fuck the thing off and never touch a VAG car again after the experience I've had with this car. Stupid issues aside, this is so far below what I'd expect from the purchase price, VW's attitude hasn't really made up for anything, and their 3 year warranty is bloody useless and much less than I'd expect from a vehicle of this supposed premium quality.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get T-boned on the way home or something so I can avoid the never ending stress of having a sub-par vehicle the dealership can't get up to scratch after nearly 4 years.

+ Reply to Thread