Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with roof lining repair

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Issues with roof lining repair

Hi guys,

Had my roof lining replaced today and am not overall happy with the result. The fabric is close enough to OEM, however the workmanship appears to be appalling. Whats more annoying is that the slider is no longer closing and appears to be jammed.

The techs will be coming out again on Monday to take another look, can someone please posts some pictures of what it should look like for comparison? (Should really have taken some before and after shots). I've attached some photos of the outcome of mine.

Daily
    R36 Wagon
    2nd Car
    Opel Astra AH
    Name
    Kai

That does not look like a good job! Do you mind naming who did the job so people can avoid? PM if you prefer. Thanks.
    2010 MY10 R36 Wagon | Biscay Blue | Power Tailgate | MDI | RVC | 43,000 km | Maniacs Paddle Extension | Front Tint | Garage Open Button | Dead Pedal Mod | OE Fit DRL | Michelin PS3 | VCDS | Sprint Booster | Alcantara Steering Wheel | Dual Reverse Light
    2005 MY05 AH Astra HatchBlack | Facelifted SRi Looking | OpeliZed | Whiteline RSB | Eibach ProKit | OPC Line MFSW | DBA Slotted+HPX | CDC40 Opera MP3+GID | OPC Recaro Full Leather Seats

Daily
    white whip no5
    Name
    vincent

double check that the headliner is snapped into place properly with the clipping component which holds it against the sunroof(a T shaped rectangular piece of metal which is in the shape of the sunroof opening, the headliner should have clips still attach which hold on to this to keep it snug against the sunroof)
    i wouldn't settle for a job like that if i paid

cw mkv gtis2
    want h2sport camber plates? hit me up!

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Thanks vinnY, that's what they did and confirmed that all the clips are snapped in around the frame. The slider / blind is still jamming, and have been told that it's not their issue as they "didn't touch it". Something still smells very fishy so I'll be digging up some CCTV footage for reference. Might also reach out to the supplier again.

Daily
    white whip no5
    Name
    vincent

so the sunroof shade won't move from where it is?
    try opening the sunroof all the way(hold the rotational switch, when it's back all the way just let go and have it spring back into position) then close it again and see if the sunroof can pull it a bit
    if you can close it check that the sliders are still screwed into place and in alignment
    otherwise you might have to take off the little accordion covers and adjust the sunroof a bit

cw mkv gtis2

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

vinnY seems like you know a lot more than what I'll be doing what are the chances of potentially helping me out and catching up to have a look together? on a side note, you're not on OCAU by any chance are you?

Daily
    white whip no5
    Name
    vincent

quick guide here
    only know because i had to do this all recently

no time to work on my own car let alone someone elses yep same one on ocau, OG from pre forum crash

cw mkv gtis2

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MKV
    2nd Car
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Jackson

Thanks for the guide, still waiting to hear back from the guys who did my lining so I'll wait for their response first.

I'm bAbY_RoG3R on OCAU. Believe we may have met before back in the golden days.

+ Reply to Thread