Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steering wheel controls failure Golf 7

Daily
    tsi
    Name
    Arthur Michos

Steering wheel controls failure Golf 7

Need advice on my 2015 golf 7 that is just out of warranty (by three months). The steering wheel controls have all failed including the horn with the airbag error light on the dash. Do I take it to the dealer or can it be fixed elsewhere in Sydney without breaking the bank? I would be capable of changing the clock spring on my own but is there more to the repair like resetting the air bag error? Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated

Daily
    2013 Golf tdi htch
    2nd Car
    2014 Golf tdi wgn
    Name
    Paul

3 months out of warranty - VW should fix it or at the very least substantially cover the costs.
    The water pump on our 2014 Golf was covered out of warranty, although I think the issue wasn't unknown to VW.

Daily
    tsi
    Name
    Arthur Michos

I took it to VW DEALER AT FIVEDOCK. Worked out good. VW came through with the repairs to be covered in good faith. Great work! Very happy
    Last edited by WHITE; 06-07-2018 at 04:02 PM.

Daily
    2016 LSG MK7 R

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE View Post
    I took it to VW DEALER AT FIVEDOCK. Worst customer service I've ever encountered. Wont be going back there again. I knew I should have bought a Mazda 3 and NOT the Golf
    Bro I bought my Golf R from fivedock VW in 2016, what did the service guys tell u when u brought ur car in 3 months out of warranty? Did u speak with the chubby Asian/jap looking guy? How did they provide bad service?

Daily
    Golf R Mk 7

Definitely sounds like the clockspring.

Try to find a competent and compassionate dealer Service Adviser and get it escalated to Volkswagen Group Australia if necessary.

It might also be worth referencing the full safety recall that was conducted in the US for the faulty clocksprings if you're speaking with VGA representatives directly.

Daily
    MK7 GTI

The edited quote makes for quite the emotional rollercoaster

+ Reply to Thread