Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Considering MK7 R

Considering MK7 R

Hi all,

Im considering a 2014 GOLF R, its done about 60000 Kms.

I know of the Turbo problem with a particular S/N - have gotten this check by a VW dealer and can confirm its the newer generation turbo.

Is there anything else in particular I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance,

Daily
    My17 Golf R Stage 3
    2nd Car
    MY18 LCI2 M3
    Name
    Alex

ill sell you a mk7 r my17 VWR stage 3 with Koya SF11s in 19s

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Simon

The only problem I've had with mine is creaking strut tops/bearings.
    What kind of money are you talking of paying?

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

Strut tops +1 (well, +2 because the replacements have now failed and in a much worse way than the originals). Fucking shocking quality part.

Also creaking control arm bushes. Sounds like the car's bottoming out on the ground going up driveways, but it's just the fkn bushes.

Daily
    Mk7 R

I'm 2014R with 50k km. I've had waterpump/thermostat go and also haldex pump. Those are probably the most likely failures that you may have as waterpump plastic near thermostat and can crack and leak, new revised part metal there so shouldn't happen again and Haldex pump if maintained well should be fine. Bit of luck of draw other than that my car been awesome at Stage 1/2 HO tunes since Dec 2014.

I own a 2015 Golf R Wolfsburg Hatch. when I first bought her I loved it for around 3-4 months, then started to not love it so much... after 3 years, the love has grown more for the car, as there's not much out there with the same levels of refinement and performance (for the money). They truly are a bang for buck, all-round swiss army knife of a car. Not the fastest on track, however you will most likely use your car 97-100% on main roads anyway.

Go buy one. I went with the wolfsburg Golf R 7.0, as it was the first model with AndroidAuto/AppleCarPlay and the new revised IHI Turbo (without issues). No issues so far (that software updates couldn't correct).

-JD

+ Reply to Thread