Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CTS stage III MKV R32 anyone?

Daily
    12' Audi S3 Black Ed
    Name
    Andre

CTS stage III MKV R32 anyone?

Hi all

I have been debating selling my R32 for a while now just because I'm after some more power but everything is out of my price range or to be honest see them everywhere i.e. mk7 r no offence but I see circa 10 a day, focus rs, S3 etc. I would rather have something unique with the power to match a new stage 1-2 form hot hatch.

Anyway I was split between a supercharger or turbo setup but the price at the moment is very different favouring turbo.

Best price I have been given for stage III Rotrex or RUF setup is $12,500! Without install. CTS stage III landed without install $8,500. That's a big gap and the 4k difference can be used on install cost, tune and other bits that are sure to pop up.

Is anyone running this Stage on a MKV R32 in Australia? Noticed plenty MKIV online. Anyone know of tuners or mechanics that can install this kit in VIC??

Any help to get me started would really help

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

both options sound awesome mate and I'd be happy with either. only advice I would give from experience is go with the most proven option. the stage 3 turbo set-up sounds like a tuning nightmare in my opinion and you could easily burn any initial savings on tuning costs. good luck with whatever you choose, nice to see something different...

PS I'm not surprised you see S3's every day; Daily: 12' Audi S3 Black...

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

After going stage 3 in my MK6 R I probably wont make that mistake ever again. I used nothing but the best parts and tried a number of different tunes but the car never lived up to my expectations. I have now sold it and will wait for the MK8 or next series S3 to see what will be next.

I get the idea of wanting to be unique but ask yourself, why? For your own enjoyment or to have a insta page? What ever you do has been done bigger and better than someone else before you so if you do drop that kind of cash on your R32 make sure you're committed and keep it for a few years to really enjoy it. Otherwise, save it and do what everyone else does and get a MK7 R. Theres a reason they are so popular, they're a brilliant car!
    MK6 R Stage 2+ - 19" rims - Pirelli Pzero - Powerplus 108+ - [email protected]

Daily
    12' Audi S3 Black Ed
    Name
    Andre

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    After going stage 3 in my MK6 R I probably wont make that mistake ever again. I used nothing but the best parts and tried a number of different tunes but the car never lived up to my expectations. I have now sold it and will wait for the MK8 or next series S3 to see what will be next.

I get the idea of wanting to be unique but ask yourself, why? For your own enjoyment or to have a insta page? What ever you do has been done bigger and better than someone else before you so if you do drop that kind of cash on your R32 make sure you're committed and keep it for a few years to really enjoy it. Otherwise, save it and do what everyone else does and get a MK7 R. Theres a reason they are so popular, they're a brilliant car!
    I have had cars with big power before so get where your coming from where you kind of get numb to the power? and Im not unhappy with my R32 far from it as its handling its incredible now (coilovers, unibrace, sways, alk) its just that it is lacking in the power department. This is for me not a pissing contest or insta glory, I plan to keep this car for a very long time (even later re-build the engine if i have to) as a personal goal to hit 400bhp. Pardon the metaphor I feel the R32 plays mr jekyll all the time now its time for it to show mr hyde.

I get honestly why everyone buys the MK7 R brilliant car, easily tuneable, modern etc. But I know when i hit boost in that v6 I wont be dissapointed.

BUT help is few and far between i originally wanted a Rotrex supercharger setup but its so bloody hard to find anyone with experience or point me in the right direction as its all Euro based. CTS have grown to a large distributor list in Aus thats why I thought might just be better to stick with Stage 3 kit BUT falls in the dilemma who has the now how to fit this kit in Aus?
    Last edited by spec32s3; 14-10-2018 at 09:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread