Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2013 VW Golf 110 TDI experiencing intermittent noise from right hand side help

Daily
    Golf MKVII 110 TDI
    Name
    Brenton Curko

2013 VW Golf 110 TDI experiencing intermittent noise from right hand side help

Hi Guys,

My partner has a 2013 MK 7.5 Golf TDI that has this random noise coming from the right hand drivers side at the front.

We've tried to isolate if it's when turning or going straight but the issue seems to appear randomly and we can't recreate the parameters to make it happen on demand.

When turning sometimes it happens but when she's driving straight it also occurs, my mechanic is gobsmacked and suggested that we take it to Volkswagen Australia for diagnostics.

I've attached the sound in case anyone might have some suggestions to as what it could be? Maybe a wheel bearing or a CV joint ?

https://instaud.io/2Tps

Would rather explore all options from the suggestions here before forking out $150 an hour for a technician to try and isolate the problem.

Daily
    2013 Golf tdi htch
    2nd Car
    2014 Golf tdi wgn
    Name
    Paul

What happens when you press the brake lightly when it happens. Wondering if it is brake caliper shimmer. Could also be a bearing. How many K's has the car done?
    Might be worth jacking that corner up and checking the free wheeling of that wheel, also check there is no movement when pulling and pushing with both hands on tyre.

Daily
    mk7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    '08 CBR600RR
    Name
    Troy

Definitely sounds like something related to the brakes. My 2014 R makes a similar (but slightly deeper tone) sound when reversing out of my driveway for the first time each morning lol.

Try giving the calipers a good spray with some brake cleaner, or even just blast them with a hose to see if it makes any difference to the sound.

+ Reply to Thread