Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf r reliability

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

Golf r reliability

Well it's been 4 years since I moved from a mk 6 gti and I've been enjoying my current car. But I'll be moving on from that in late 2019.
    I swore I would never own another vw after the reliability issues I experienced with the gti. But the golf r is just such great value.
    Does the current golf r 7.5 suffer from the reliability problems that plague vw. I've always said, well built and nice cars to drive, but b the big knock is the reliability.i know they now have a5yr warranty which is a plus, but no point if it's always in the shop.
    As a guide, my current car has not had a single mechanical problem in the 85k km I've driven since I owned the gti, which I put 77k km on and it required a cylinder 1 rebuild plus a host of other issues
    Tme about the new golf r

Daily
    Jag E-Pace SE
    2nd Car
    Porsche 964 RS4
    Name
    Jez

I'm in the same boat, although I never had any issues with my GTI, or the Polo before that, and couldn't wait to get back into a VAG.

Tossing up between a stock(ish) 7.5, a 6 and going stage 2+, or a <cough>135i</cough>. The latter's 3 litre turbo is tempting.

Haven't come across anything major yet with the 7 and 7.5 - some issues with cabin drone (fixed with software update) and haldex failures (either software update or pump replaced under warranty)
    Last edited by JV911; 13-05-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    <Insert MK6 R here>
    Jag E-Pace SE
    Porsche 964 RS4
    Mazda Rx-2
    BMC Team Machine SLR01

+ Reply to Thread