Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avoid taking your golf to the dealer for warranty work.

Daily
    Oryx Wolf Wagon
    2nd Car
    Mini Cooper S Hatch
    Name
    John

Who will you go to now to have a service? I don't recommend VW Leichardt, they tried to sneak in all sorts of extra work that is not needed. Charging for new batteries in remote even though I had just replaced them myself! They gave me some chocolates and a bottle of fuel additive and I thought great, until I got home and then went through the bill and saw they added the fuel additive cost.
    I can recommend VW Artarmon.
    The good thing about VW Australia that surprised me was they gave me a free car battery. I did not expect that. One morning the car would not start and every warning light was on. Their roadside assist came and replaced the battery and said it was free.
    ================================================== ====================================
    MY16 Golf R Wagon Wolfsburg Edition Oryx White Pearl, MY15 Mini Cooper S hatch

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R Mk7.5
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Esky View Post
    Who will you go to now to have a service? I don't recommend VW Leichardt, they tried to sneak in all sorts of extra work that is not needed. Charging for new batteries in remote even though I had just replaced them myself! They gave me some chocolates and a bottle of fuel additive and I thought great, until I got home and then went through the bill and saw they added the fuel additive cost.
    I can recommend VW Artarmon.
    The good thing about VW Australia that surprised me was they gave me a free car battery. I did not expect that. One morning the car would not start and every warning light was on. Their roadside assist came and replaced the battery and said it was free.
    Dont be too complementary to VW. The roadside assist is not done by VW but contracted to others (mostly NRMA in NSW) the free battery is provided by them the contract is complicated, an amount for every car visited etc. You get the free battery because VW does not want to pay for another visit down the road. Plus the service provider does not want to be involved in the accounting to charge back for a battery. When you think about it a battery is probably the only part they are likely to replace on the roadside to a modern car.

As for service, beside VW doing a shitty job I have never taken any European car to the dealer for service, always to some backyard guy. PM if you want to know the single biggest reason, it will shock you.
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

+ Reply to Thread