Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoid taking your golf to the dealer for warranty work.

Daily
    Golf R wagon 2018
    2nd Car
    VW transporter t6
    Name
    Chris

Bill Buckle has deteriorated so badly. Don’t know what’s happened there. They are AWFUL. I too have some minor warranty work to do and the “customer service “ people are nice , but just so hopeless. The techs are good, but it’s hard to get to them through the wall of receptionists and whatever they call the people that meet you with the car . Its a layer of BS and excuses. It’s mind blowing.how bad they are. I have written them emails about the total lack of service and waste of time they have put me through, no reply. 3 weeks and I although I now have more appointments but so far nothing has been done. Wow.
    To top things off they sold me some roof racks and they didn’t fit. Wrong ones , terribly sorry they said.Came back as promised a week later, still not able to swap them for the right ones. More excuses. Wrong racks are still in the box in my car waiting for their call . Unbelievable.
    Last edited by Pearci; 05-02-2019 at 11:49 PM.

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R Mk7.5
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Pearci View Post
    Bill Buckle has deteriorated so badly. Don’t know what’s happened there. They are AWFUL. I too have some minor warranty work to do and the “customer service “ people are nice , but just so hopeless. The techs are good, but it’s hard to get to them through the wall of receptionists and whatever they call the people that meet you with the car . Its a layer of BS and excuses. It’s mind blowing.how bad they are. I have written them emails about the total lack of service and waste of time they have put me through, no reply. 3 weeks and I although I now have more appointments but so far nothing has been done. Wow.
    To top things off they sold me some roof racks and they didn’t fit. Wrong ones , terribly sorry they said.Came back as promised a week later, still not able to swap them for the right ones. More excuses. Wrong racks are still in the box in my car waiting for their call . Unbelievable.
    Its funny you should mention your experience.
    When I put the car in there was a Woman screaming at the customer guy "How is it possible for you to put the wrong Tyres on my car". It was obvious when looking at the car the tyre were at least 1" too narrow for the wheels.

There was also another guy in a heated argument about something.

I should have seen the signs and left and found another dealer.
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

Daily
    Golf R wagon 2018
    2nd Car
    VW transporter t6
    Name
    Chris

Yes Ozmale I think you are reading the signs correctly . The “service” people seem under the pump, phones ringing , not often answered , communication ignored , left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing , long waits , frustrated customers . Feels like a Medicare office hope they can fix it .

Daily
    GTI 40 Years Manual
    2nd Car
    2013 Honda CBR500R
    Name
    Tim

Seems that anything warranty with VW dealers is an uphill battle, where you've got to do all the troubleshooting for them, and common sense is completely ignored.

My battery had a dead cell, and the main symptom was that auto stop-start wouldn't work during the first 50km of any trip (aka 99% of the time). It took 5 trips to the dealership, 12 months, the car struggling to start, and finally 2 entire days without the car "to run a current draw test" for them to try putting another battery in it... "Because the battery is testing fine, and we can't just swap it if the test says it's ok" ffs.

In the second case, I washed my car (rolled out of garage, washed, rolled into garage, waxed) and left it parked up while I went away. When I went to use it a week later, it dragged both rear wheels for 2m on concrete as the rear pads had 'fused' to the disks before the pads disintegrated, leaving 2 to 4mm thick chunks attached to the disks. VW dealer accused me of parking it hot, then "it must be the washing liquid you used". Finally, after getting VW Australia involved and having them tidy up the disks and replace the pads, I was told "in the future, make sure you take it for a drive after you wash it, and do some heavier stops to dry off the pads". How do people in Europe live with Golfs? Don't they just seize up after being parked on the street overnight in slushy, salty snow?

Long story short, I love my car... when it works. And I hate my Dealer, despite the individuals being very nice and polite... to my face. But the result is that I'll struggle to buy, or recommend a VW.

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R Mk7.5
    Name
    Chris

Dear Energiser,

since you mentioned it I will give a short insight into my lifetime dealing with dealers over the years. But first, with regards to you sticking brakes. I was told (by my friendly local mechanic) with modern cars the brake pad material (because of how its made) can actually rust to the rotor after only a days or so depending on the weather. He told me if you are parking the car for more than a day do not apply the hand brake and turn off the auto brake. Just leave it in gear (or park). I also have a parking matt in my garage. solves all the problems.

Now car 1, ford. went in for first service, picked up, started car, horrible noise, no oil in car. Dealer blamed me for not checking the level before i left the dealership.
    Car 2. ford. Front suspension noise, dealer had car for 2 days, told me was the sub woofer I put under the seat. I paid to have it removed, front suspension noise was and still is there.
    Car 3. toyota First Service, picked up car, oil was still black it was never changed.
    Car 4. Ford Went in for water leak in windscreen, came out with a water leak in rear screen, they removed the rear screen by mistake.
    Car 4. Ford. weather strip on door was replaced 8 times, yes 8 times. I ended up buying the part myself and doing it my self. They never used the special cleaning pad that came with the kit to remove the old glue.

I have actually never had a positive experience with any dealer. I ALWAYS get my car fixed serviced now at a local back yard shop, never had a problem.
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

+ Reply to Thread