Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Previous Rides

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Post Your Previous Rides

Post'em up! I love seeing what kind of cars people used to drive, and what they thought of them. It's usually a great insight into the person behind the wheel

I'll start:

VIRAGO
    My first motor assistend vehicle was this monstrosity. A Yamaha Virago 250cc. I'm short so I felt comfy on it as I could very easily get both feet flat on the ground. It couldn't corner though. I ended up scraping the hell out of the foot pegs and often wandered into the wrong lane on long sweepers.

SRV250
    I sold the Virago to buy this. A Yamaha SRV250. Same engine as the Virago, lovely little bike. I never got comfy on the bike though, soon after this I bought a car (well, my parents bought it for me primarily to get me off the bike!).

CELICA
    This was my first car. 1st year uni, it was 2nd hand, automatic and I loved it. I ended up getting the springs cut (ahahahaha). The BBS wheels which came off a VR6 Golf (!). I painted the tail lights black and had a crappy custom exhaust too.

ALFA 147
    I traded the Celica in on this Alfa not too long after I finished university. I did a whole lot of stuff to this car. Tracked it a few times too. It was a Selespeed (clutchless manual like DSG). I loved it lots.

R32 GT-R
    I bought the GT-R whilst still owning the Alfa. I soon sold the Alfa though (I still own the GT-R).

AE86
    I then scored this fantastic AE86 GTV. Pretty rare, brought into the country for rally purposes only, and only for Toyota staff. It was going to cost me way too much to get it to the condition I wanted to take it to though so I sold it.

EG CIVIC
    I then found a really clean EG Civic. SOHC VTEC!

MR2
    I took my sisters car for a while too, an MR2 Spyder. It also had a funny clutchless gearbox. I also had a Kia Mentor at some stage, it was an attempt to stop modifying cars and just have a daily drive. I almost broke the car though and I sold it a week later (lol). I also had my Mum's old 318 BMW in there somewhere as well, too heavy and slow for my liking so I sold that quick smart.

DC5R
    I then bought this thing and absolutely hated it. It had decent power but no feel and look at it! Damn that's one ugly car.

DC2R
    I sold the DC5R and bought the real deal DC2R. Liked it, didn't love it, but I thought it was a pretty cool car, shame about the boy racer image though.

MX-5
    I then found a lovely MX5 Clubman and modified it with a lot of love. Massive love affair with this car. Have never driven anything quite as amazing. Super intuitive and balanced. Massive respect for these. I tracked it lots and it is the car that taught me how to drive.

TME
    I also bought a fantastic Evo 6.5 Tommi Makinen Edition. The car allows me to comfortably push it to 8/10ths out on the track. Definitely like playing a Playstation game. It was faster than the GT-R and it was stock. It was so good I had to sell it.

JAZZ
    My 1st Honda Jazz. I bought it new and took it straight to the workshop for bracing parts then straight to the track. I tracked it a lot, not sure why, just loved having the foot to the floor 90% of the time on the track, felt great!

S2K
    My old S2000. Loved it, not as friendly and fun as the MX-5 but it was a challenge to drive fast and commanded a lot more respect. Amuse kit, AP2 tails, Mugen exhaust, Mugen hard top too.

JAZZ
    My 2nd Honda Jazz. Auto. Daily and carried my mountain bikes really well.

JAZZ
    My 3rd Honda Jazz had a K20A engine from a DC5R Integra Type-R, 6 speed gearbox too. It was insane, louder than the GT-R. Definitely the craziest car I've ever owned.

ED CIVIC
    Suga and I bought this ED Civic for her to learn manual on. The way I've modified it is more of a joke than anything else. It's super low to the ground, the wheels are way too big for it and best of all it's got a very strong B16A engine swap which makes it heaps of fun to fang.

V35
    An auto Nissan Skyline V35 350GT.

MKV GTI. Loved this car, miss it lots. Owned it longer than most of my daily drivers to date.

My 2nd DC2R. Loved it, kinda on and off, in the end I just missed the power of the Golf so I traded it in on an EVO IX (my current daily driver).

Mini van, was so horrible to drive I had to let it go pretty much straight away. It's off to the best home ever though, check the build thread here: http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/show...29-OG-701-MINI!!!

EVO IX. Now sold.

My 2nd NA8C (still own this).

Supercharged MKV R32. Current Daily Driver.

Honda Zoomer
    Still own this. Stretched, dropped, it's awesome!
    Last edited by Justin Fox; 11-01-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Christina

Justin you forgot the civic we owned for 10seconds! .. and I have a feeling the Skyline would probably be faster than the R32

Anyways...

Here's my first baby. When I look back on photos now I realise how much I was blinded by love (Intergra DC5). However, I still love the fact that she was white!

After having a go at front wheel drive I decided I would have a go in a rear wheel drive convertible!!
    You can see why I went with black wheels on the R32! Lots of good times in this one.

Last edited by SUGA; 15-02-2010 at 09:00 AM.

My lovely MINI Cooper S

Which I spent a fortune on modding

BIG Brake kit 8 Pot and Coilovers supplied and fitted by Peak RPM who now have the dealership for D2 Racing Sport in Australia.

Special thanks to Nick Peak who spent so much time getting the big buggers to fit, a 10mm spacer with a combined centering hub needed to be specially made by Michael (Machinest) and racing studds instead of the standard wheel bolts

More Photos Here

257742581_M9jDs-M.jpg

Click on links below to access my galleries
    NEWSYS Digital Photography or VW Specific Photographs

All Show No Go ... Lacked Torque

Our new British made Honda Civic 2007 Type R GT
    World wide production number R-05541
    Purchased 17th August 2007

Our BMW X5 4.8L 2007 (Current)

Man for a four wheel drive this baby handles, I've kept up with MINI's on the Macquarie Pass corners

Photshoot HOOTERS Chicks
    Last edited by JohnnyG; 14-02-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Daily
    MKV GTI
    2nd Car
    FB Holden....

damn Justin, yo have some good taste... i need to find some more pics of some of my old cars..

had everything from 11sec VL turbo, E36 BMW on 19"s, 3 x Fb holdens, Mercedes ML on 24"s LOL, xy falcon etc..

here is a quick few i had pics of...

work pig for laughs..

i still have this one...

Daily
    Caddy R
    Name
    Frenchman

You boys have def gone through alot of cars !!! I'll see if I can track down my pics.

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

I really really really wanted a black X5 with black rims. I just couldn't afford one though so I got the V35 350GT Skyline instead. I still want an X5, so bad!

Name
    Tendy

Re: Post Your Previous Rides

Quote Originally Posted by illektronik
    Justin, that is one crazy car collection. Blown away.

I don't get the fascination with the X5. It's a stunning looking 4x4, actually, one of the best looking 4x4s, but isn't it overkill for city commuting? Unless you've got the whole family in it I guess. Whenever I see one, there's only 1 person in it.
    You being sarcastic again, dude.

Daily
    Some Subaru thing.
    Name
    Cameron

Wow Justin that is an incredible collection.
    Johnny the mini is awesome. How long did you have the Civic for before you got rid of it?

-------------

First car:
    92 Laser Ghia. All the options pretty much, power windows, power mirrors, 1.8L engine, sports exhaust (not a wanky exhaust but it had a noice note to it :P). Had just over 300,000kms when I traded it in. It was a great car.

Second car:
    2008 Hyundai i30 SLX CRDi. Bought brand new, but had nothing but problems with it so got rid of it with just over 4000kms on the clock. Damn shame because it was a nice car.

Third car:
    2007 2.0 TDI MKV.
    Which I absolutely loved!!! Beat the pants off the Hyundai in every way.

Current is the MKV GTI.

And............I'm only 20 LOL.
    If I didn't have so many problems with the i30 I might have still had it. Although Dad had his car before I got the i30 and the first time I drove the GT sport I fell in love with it. I think I would have ended up buying a VW anyway hehe.
    Previous: MKV 2.0TDI, MKV GTI, MKVI GTI Adidas (bluefin tuned)
    Current: Boring Subaru wagon thing

+ Reply to Thread