Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Previous Rides

Daily
    A squashed Beetle
    2nd Car
    Golf MKV R32
    Name
    Howie

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Fox View Post
    Howie's the man. He let me drive his DC5R before I bought mine. He took Suga and I for a long drive before Suga decided to buy her R32 too. And the Porsche. He handed me the keys and let me boot it. I mean seriously. I'm in debt my friend. That's an accelerating experience I'll not forget too quickly!
    Sorry man for leading you astray with the Integra R. Seriously. I blame the hondah fanboi riceness in me for that. Still love the Hondas from the 80s and 90s though. But unfortunately, no more hondas for me.
    Last edited by Howie; 21-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Daily
    MKV R32
    2nd Car
    R32 GT-R
    Name
    Justin Fox

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    But unfortunately, no more hondas for me.
    I say this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME I sell a Honda.

^ Always been curious about those M3's with the old SMG. I've been on carsales so many nights looking for a clean one but never took the risk of buying one (probably never will too).

Shida I had no idea you 1st car was a Beetle! How awesome!
    SMG was good very fast but with one major problem BMW has a 3 faults and the car goes into engine protection mode that happened to us to often, just the door being ajard reversing was enough to trip it and on several ocasions went to turn right at the lights, engine went into protection mode again F..K that, they couldn't fix it either

Ahh Beetle great car except mine was 6 volt and everything like a radio needed a stepup transformer & battery under rear seat took me ages to get rid of the acid spill, water = aqua plane Shida can you relate to any of these things or is your one newer?

I see you've been over on Watercooled forum, I was thinking of transfering that info to VWGOLF
    Click on links below to access my galleries
    NEWSYS Digital Photography or VW Specific Photographs

Daily
    A squashed Beetle
    2nd Car
    Golf MKV R32
    Name
    Howie

I say this to myself EVERY SINGLE TIME I sell a Honda.
    Hahaha oh how many times have I seen you go through that phase?

No more hondas for me means no more NEW hondas. They make nothing inspiring anymore. Everything from Tochigi went to the shitters soon after Shoichiro Honda died. The last true honda was the S2000 and it should've been axed in 2002, rather than letting it die a slow, painful and undignified death.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyG View Post

Ahh Beetle great car except mine was 6 volt and everything like a radio needed a stepup transformer & battery under rear seat took me ages to get rid of the acid spill, water = aqua plane Shida can you relate to any of these things or is your one newer?

I see you've been over on Watercooled forum, I was thinking of transfering that info to VWGOLF
    oh god...... Don't even remind me of the battery under the seat.. what was Ferdinand thinking?! WHAT WAS HE THINKING?! I had serious wiring issues with my battery and spent a great deal of time holding the wiring to start my car....I lived in a world of dodgy cars back then! My next Bug will definitely be a keeper though - zero rust!!!

Daily
    B7 Passat 125TDI
    Name
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Byza View Post
    damn Justin, yo have some good taste... i need to find some more pics of some of my old cars..

had everything from 11sec VL turbo, E36 BMW on 19"s, 3 x Fb holdens, Mercedes ML on 24"s LOL, xy falcon etc..

here is a quick few i had pics of...

Dude that's absolute win!!! I love it!! Please find more pics

Daily
    B7 Passat 125TDI
    Name
    Ryan

Well I've got an interesting history of shitboxes...

I started off with this as my first car, purchased it while I was still on my L's. Had some alright bits on it but it never ran as it should have, I eventually got sick of the hassles and sold it. Had a rebuilt 13B turbo mild port with mild upgrades. The usual suspension mods, etc. Made all the power I needed at that age (and then some).

When the RX7's engine blew up (surprise surprise, typical rotary) I needed a daily fast to get to work. Bought this off a mate from Canberra for $500. Drove it for a week then realised it sucks even as a car just for getting to work temporarily, so sold it for what I paid for it. Featured Integra wheels and furry seat covers. Yeah baby.

So as soon as the Gemini left I bought this off another mate, and it was a great little car. Near 300,000km on it but never left me stranded once. I even took it to Narooma once (about 4.5hrs to get there) and it didn't skip a beat. Really should have kept it a lot longer, I'd be rich by now. Came with BBS Rims, aftermarket exhaust including headers (but standard muffler on the rear so quiet as a mouse) and new shocks so it drove fairly well for what it was.

Then I started doing a lot of driving in traffic so wanted a lazy auto. With the RX7 gone, I decided the Pintara should go too and bought this - a 2001 Mitsu Verada XI. Had lots of luxury bits, was quite comfy to drive. I added a nice sound system to it, replaced the shocks and springs (which improved the handling bigtime) and that was about it.

Little things started to break on the Verada and the fuel bill was quite big due to a o2 sensor playing up, rather than spend a fortune on little bits I decided I might go for something smaller and manual. Bought a Nissan Tiida thinking there's no way I'd be tempted to spend money modifying such an ugly chicks car... wrong.

I spent a fair bit on it - AEM Intake, Full exhaust (including a stainless cat), lowered springs, genuine Work CR Kai 18" rims with Federal 595SS, Work wheel nut set, full stereo system, dark tints, debadged, and I kept it nice and clean as I really liked the colour. Only had 80kw @ the front wheels but that was ok for a 1.8L Tiida I thought.

After moving in with my now fiance, two cars became unnecessary as her work was within walking distance of our house. Since I was spending money left right and center like a retard on the Tiida for very little gain, I demodified it and sold it for a fair loss. I then transferred the stereo to her 2005 Corolla and drove that around for a good 6 months which was great as I was saving a lot of money. Unfortunately the company she was working for went bust and so an unscheduled job change came up. I figured that I would get something cheap and fun as the bug was biting...

We made a trip down to Melbourne to purchase this, it's a 1994 Nissan Silvia (S14) which was a personal import from Japan. You can catch the full story on this car *here*. This is how it currently sits (with newly acquired track rims fitted)

After that got broken into, I decided that I don't want to keep it at my apartments parking lot any more and bought a cheap shitbox in a hurry. I figured that I couldn't go wrong with a Camry but it sure has given me plenty of dramas. It will be going soon. Can't be bothered finding pics but it's a 1994 Vienta V6 nugget - you can kinda see it in the background of the above pic.

Late last year we bought the latest addition to the stable, a 118TSI with Sports Pack. We sold the Corolla and bought this in it's place.

So, now I have the S14 Silvia, a 94 Camry and the 118TSI.

A weird mix of cars no doubt
    Last edited by dopey; 23-02-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Daily
    MY99 WRX Wagon
    Name
    Craig

A couple of my previous rides:

2003 Model 323 Protege:

First car i a modified, just did the normal P plater thing wheels, exhaust, stereo etc

2006 Liberty 3R Spec B:

All asthetic mods as the H6 was expensive to get power out of

2007 WRX Sedan:

Carbon Front Lip, 18X7" Work Emotions, Eibach and Whiteline Handling Goodies, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, Ecutek Custom Tune and Alpine Stereo.

Current Car MK V GTI:

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Daytona 675
    Name
    Mark

my first ride...

mums old 306 XSi... i loved that car, handled brilliantly and was so smooth. was dam tight inside and had a crap driving position but i still managed to get up to no good in it

next was the famous 2006 BMP 'lemon' GTI...

it was pretty unusual as it had the factory beige leather interior. a lot of people didnt like the colour but i loved it! looked great contrasting with the black exterior. however the leather was the only good thing about that car. it was a total and utter lemon. after only 18 months of ownership i traded it in for my CW GTI

im still currently on my first motorised 2 wheeled machine...

2007 Hyoflung GT250R. a lot people hang shit on the hyo but its a great bike, comfortable, fast (kinda), doesnt look half bad and sounds decent. i only have another 3 months left untill i can get my unrestricted license and get something bigger .... GSXR 600, R6 ??

11 CW Golf R | DSG | 5 Door | ACC | RVC | Bluetooth | Leather | Dynaudio | Euro Plate Delete | P3 Display

Daily
    Caddy R
    Name
    Frenchman

I love your mama's 306 XSi - Looked liked you were doing a ''Fast and Furious'' scene !!

+ Reply to Thread