Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf MKV & MKVI Mini Splash Guards

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Golf MKV & MKVI Mini Splash Guards

Hi guys, after having my new R for a few weeks now i have notice that my optional 19" Wheels flick up a lot of stones and mud down the side of the car. I looked at getting some mud flaps but they are quite large so i thought i might look into getting manufactured these Mini Mud guards, i'm happy with the result.

I looked at many different materials and after using rubber initially i settled on HDPE Plastic as it was more durable and had a nice finish.

These are laser cut so it's just a matter of screwing them on using the OEM screws already on the car, i also supply a small strip of foam for Golfs fitted with side skirts to fill the small gap behind the guard, takes about 10mins to fit.

The good news now is that you can just buy them already done and put them straight on your car, PM or email me [email protected] for more details

Hope you find this usefull, i'll do i quick update once i've had them on for a bit to see how they work, Cheers
    Last edited by frazza; 07-09-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    07 FJR1300
    2nd Car
    .:R32; Polo6R; T'reg
    Name
    Steve

well done.

Quite neat as well
    MY08 Touareg 3.0Lt V6 TDI/Atacama Grey/RNS510/Colour MFD/F-R Sensors/Chipped/OEM Towpack/Tint/9WZ/Tekonsha Brake Controller/2nd Battery/2x12V sockets, towing a Crusader Manahattan Step-up
    2008 R32/DBPE/5 Door/DSG/Sunroof/Sharran Antenna/16% tint/Conti SC3/RNS510/Carbon Fibre Rear Diffuser/Milltek Catback Non-Res/AutoPolar FIS+ Advanced/9W2/Chassis 'tweaks'
    2011 FR 6R Polo/77TSI/5 Door/TSI/DSG/Sports Pack/MDI/RCD510/Sharran Antenna/GTI Grill /9W7
    2007 FJR1300 (too many mods to list here)

Daily
    BMW M2
    Name
    Darren

Not bad at all, good work..

Daily
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Michael

Sweet ...
    CW 2010 GTI, Detriots, RVC, ACC, Tint, DSG, Bi - Xenons, Mdi, APR Stage 2+, APR Cabinio Stage 2 , APR RSC, Dropped, Golf R Tails, Breyton 19's, PIAA

Daily
    86GTS & Golf 6 R
    2nd Car
    MINI Clubman S
    Name
    Nat

mmm... i might do it too when i put my new wheels, 18x8 +45. extra 12mm poking out increases the chance of craps being thrown onto the sides paintwork.

i'd be very annoyed if i ever get stone chips on the sides caused by the front tyres picking them up..

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Yeah that was my concern as it already kicks the mud up the sides
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    10th Anniversary MX5
    2nd Car
    2011 Golf R
    Name
    Rob

Golf R mini mudflaps

Thanks Frazza for the tip on the mudflaps. Just picked up my new baby (GolfR) on Tuesday last week after a 6 month wait. I to noticed the 19" flick up mud etc. So I went to Clark Rubber and picked up a piece of 4mm thick rubber for $9. Shall use your pattern to make the mudflaps.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by BlueR View Post
    Thanks Frazza for the tip on the mudflaps. Just picked up my new baby (GolfR) on Tuesday last week after a 6 month wait. I to noticed the 19" flick up mud etc. So I went to Clark Rubber and picked up a piece of 4mm thick rubber for $9. Shall use your pattern to make the mudflaps.

Sweet!, Congrats on your new R mate. Make sure you put a post up in the Introductions as well

Daily
    MkV GTI DSG
    Name
    Kerem

images aren't working for me?

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

^^ Not for me either... Frazza - have you ditched the photos?

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

+ Reply to Thread