Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf MKV & MKVI Mini Splash Guards

Daily
    Beemer
    Name
    Erik Gunadirdja

I think I should do this to my r32 as well. Just a standard mud flaps will do ?
    BMS - JB4 N54 G4 | Cyba - Intake Air Scoop | JBSPEED - Piano Black Kidney Grill | VRSF 3" Ceramic Coated Catless Downpipe | PYSPEED Key Fob Holder | BMW OEM M3 DCT Paddle Shift | First Choice 20W H8 Cree Angel Eyes
    12.836 @ 109.75mph (Cobb - Accessport & VRSF DP)

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by degers View Post
    ^^ Not for me either... Frazza - have you ditched the photos?
    DOH!!, i was organizing my photo's and must have changed something, all fixed
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

I actually made mine a bit bigger so that the top aligns with the top of where the liner overlaps the guard and a couple of cms longer because there can still be gunk thrown up if they're too short. Mine ended up being 275mm instead of the 218mm.
    RB MkVI MY11 R: DSG, Sunroof, Satnav, Dynaudio, MDI, Leather

Revo Stage 2, FMIC, Volant CAI, Milltek TBE (ceramic tips), Weitec coilovers, Supaloy LCAs, FSB/RSB, paddles, garage door mod, VMR V710s, P3 Gauge, hatch pop, RVC, LED turners, puddle/warning lamps, R8 coils, LEDs, red coil harness cover, NewSouth boost gauge, PCV delete, subframe kit, Kerscher fenders, badgeless grille, ECS drilled/slotted rotors F/R, Remsa pads + stuff

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Justin

Nice. I notice that mine kicks up some mud every now and then too - which is weird as I only do city driving.

They look good mate!
    J u s t i n
    ​Golf R | Manual | Sunroof | 19s | Recaros | Bluefin | H&R | Forge DV | CF Wing | Remsa | Sprintbooster | P3 Gauge

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

I made my own variation up of these mini mud flaps - not to hi jack this thread but its just another option. Mine are smaller, more discreet and made from sturdy but flexible plastic thats about 2mm thick. I wanted mine mainly to help stop stone chips flicking up onto the side skirts - and they appear to work well.

I'll get some better shots, but this is all i've got for now (bad pic taken in the garage at night and dirty car)

Quote Originally Posted by _Just View Post
    Nice. I notice that mine kicks up some mud every now and then too - which is weird as I only do city driving.

They look good mate!

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Wow, that a Micro mini mudflap,
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    MK7 R DSG Limestone
    2nd Car
    B7 PASSAT TDI DSG
    Name
    LEIGH

Just a heads up I bought a set of original front mud flaps...I have modified them to fit the R..Yes its possible with a hobby knife and some time....maybe 20-30 min each side.
    Will post up pics tomorrow.
    2015 DSG Limestone Grey R, APR Stage 1, VWR 19 inch Wheels, VWR600R Intake, Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert, GFB Diverter valve.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by tippah View Post
    Just a heads up I bought a set of original front mud flaps...I have modified them to fit the R..Yes its possible with a hobby knife and some time....maybe 20-30 min each side.
    Sweet, i was thinking of doing that, i'd be interested to see how they turned out

Daily
    VW GOLF R

Quote Originally Posted by tippah View Post
    pics??

Daily
    MK7 R DSG Limestone
    2nd Car
    B7 PASSAT TDI DSG
    Name
    LEIGH

Sorry guys I'm away with work. Il try and get to it tomorrow
    2015 DSG Limestone Grey R, APR Stage 1, VWR 19 inch Wheels, VWR600R Intake, Neuspeed Torque Arm Insert, GFB Diverter valve.

+ Reply to Thread