Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Carstyle4you Switch has arrived : Garage Door Mod

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Carstyle4you Switch has arrived : Garage Door Mod

So happy today, my package from Carstyle4you has just arrived. Thanks to Stephen's (stephen8512) thread i saw the link to these guys so i ordered an "R" blank and a garage door pushbutton switch. I'll take some pics when i fit them so we can have a little DIY

Last edited by frazza; 21-08-2017 at 12:05 AM.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    Golf GTI MY12
    2nd Car
    Audi A3
    Name
    Dave

Reckon you could actually get the garage button working? lol

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by xc17ed View Post
    Reckon you could actually get the garage button working? lol
    Yep, no problems at all. Had the same thing in my EVO. I bought a spare door remote off eBay for $40, you just solder the two wires to the switch, done
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Pato

Thats a mighty fine little mod there!!

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Ok so i installed my blank and garage door pushbutton switch tonight, all working 100%. Here's how it was done.

First off i have a spare remote that i bought off eBay and programmed to work with my garage door cause i had this same mod in my EVO, the only difference is that i could only get a factory light switch to use rather than the trick one i got from Carstyle4you.com.

Open up the remote and de-solder off one of the buttons you programmed to open the garage door and simply solder the two wires from the switch to the button remote.

Put it back together and that's it. I also used a spot of hot glue just to hold the wires in place so they can't be pulled out easily.

Now that it's all done just install it into the car, Oh one quick note, if your remote is larger than the switch you will need to put the wires through the console hole before you solder the wires or you won't be able to fit it. I forgot so worst case you can take the top part off the switch so you can get it through (You will know what i mean when you do it)

Last edited by frazza; 07-09-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Daily
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Michael

Did you actually purchase the switch type or just the blank ? Nice mod
    CW 2010 GTI, Detriots, RVC, ACC, Tint, DSG, Bi - Xenons, Mdi, APR Stage 2+, APR Cabinio Stage 2 , APR RSC, Dropped, Golf R Tails, Breyton 19's, PIAA

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Omee View Post
    Did you actually purchase the switch type or just the blank ? Nice mod
    The "R" is a blank but the Garage Door one is a pushbutton switch, well worth it and now it has that factory look. Plus i'm not always searching around for my remote
    Last edited by frazza; 07-06-2011 at 01:02 PM.

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

That looks awesome mate! Ive always wanted to do that to mine but I neither have a solder, nor do I know where it is I should solder. Wonder if there is anyone in syd that knows what to do with it? Haha I got as far as pulling my garage controller apart but looked at the chip board and thought "nope...dont know whats going on"
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    That looks awesome mate! Ive always wanted to do that to mine but I neither have a solder, nor do I know where it is I should solder. Wonder if there is anyone in syd that knows what to do with it? Haha I got as far as pulling my garage controller apart but looked at the chip board and thought "nope...dont know whats going on"
    Yeah it is pretty simple, you just find the button that activates the door and remove the button and solder each of the wires to the two contact points. See on the first how to pic i got the arrow pointing to the spot where the button used to be, you can see the other 4 buttons still in place. All your really doing is taking the switch off the little board and soldering on the wires so you have a remote switch.

You could always send it to me and i'll do it for ya , but i'm sure someone down your way can do it.

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

Quote Originally Posted by frazza View Post
    Yeah it is pretty simple, you just find the button that activates the door and remove the button and solder each of the wires to the two contact points. See on the first how to pic i got the arrow pointing to the spot where the button used to be, you can see the other 4 buttons still in place. All your really doing is taking the switch off the little board and soldering on the wires so you have a remote switch.

You could always send it to me and i'll do it for ya , but i'm sure someone down your way can do it.
    Hahah thanks for the offer frazza but didnt u say the wire needs to be through the hole first THEN soldered?
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

+ Reply to Thread