Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Carstyle4you Switch has arrived : Garage Door Mod

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by stephen8512 View Post
    Hahah thanks for the offer frazza but didnt u say the wire needs to be through the hole first THEN soldered?
    I found a way around that, just have to pull the switch apart, if you see the very first pick of the garage door switch it has a white part on the bottom, you can pull that apart and push the white bit up through the hole and them clip the 2 back together.

This is what i mean

Last edited by frazza; 12-05-2011 at 10:53 AM.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Jay

Garage door mod is awesome.

Would love to do this but I dont own my place so im not about to fuk about with the remote. lol
    2014 Audi SQ5
    Glacier White|Magma Red|21"|Panoramic Sunroof|Carbon Atlas
    Assistance Package|Side Assist|Heated Seats|Bang & Olufsen

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
    Garage door mod is awesome.

Would love to do this but I dont own my place so im not about to fuk about with the remote. lol
    I bought a spare remote off eBay for $40 just in case i stuffed it up. Kept the new one and played with the old one. Oh and put a fresh battery in before you install it in the car, saves you having to pull it out later.
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

Frazza this is a great mod. Some quick questions - where does the remote sit? Just it just dangle under the button in the void? I am also wondering if I can use the push button version to replace the sprintbooster controller?

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by degers View Post
    Frazza this is a great mod. Some quick questions - where does the remote sit? Just it just dangle under the button in the void? I am also wondering if I can use the push button version to replace the sprintbooster controller?
    Yeah just drop it down, plenty of space or i stuck it down with some double sided tape. A garage door remote is just a simple clasp, so as long as it closes the circuit and doesn't keep it closed it will work assuming the sprintbooster switch does the same. Having said that i'm pretty sure the Carstyle4you guys have both "Pushbutton" and "Switch" type. The garage door mod uses the Pushbutton type.

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by frazza View Post
    Yeah just drop it down, plenty of space or i stuck it down with some double sided tape. A garage door remote is just a simple clasp, so as long as it closes the circuit and doesn't keep it closed it will work assuming the sprintbooster switch does the same. Having said that i'm pretty sure the Carstyle4you guys have both "Pushbutton" and "Switch" type. The garage door mod uses the Pushbutton type.
    Thanks mate - I'm pretty sure you're right since it seems that the sprintbooster button just moves you from one mode to the next in sequence - pretty much a button push.

Seems I'll go for 2 "pushbutton" type switches then...

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Frazza you're a champ! what a cool mod. When I get a house with an electric garage I'm gonna pm you lol

Skoda Octavia RS - Wagon - DSG - TINT

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by onpole01 View Post
    Frazza you're a champ! what a cool mod. When I get a house with an electric garage I'm gonna pm you lol
    You should get a house just so you can do the mod, LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by frazza View Post
    You should get a house just so you can do the mod, LOL!!
    haha yes that's what my wife keeps telling me, not the mod though, the house lol

Skoda Octavia RS - Wagon - DSG - TINT

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Could one of the mods change this thread title to "Carstyle4you Switch arrived - Garage Door Mod" so it's easier to search/find

+ Reply to Thread