Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Carstyle4you Switch has arrived : Garage Door Mod

Daily
    B7 RS4 & MKIV R32
    2nd Car
    Passat R36

Quote Originally Posted by frazza View Post
    Could one of the mods change this thread title to "Carstyle4you Switch arrived - Garage Door Mod" so it's easier to search/find
    Done!

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    MY16 Polo GTI M
    Name
    Chris

Sweeeeet, thanks Jig
    ║ "The mind is willing but the body is weak - Frazza 2013" ║ Follow me on Instagram

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

Frazza - just installed mine (I'll post some pics on my build thread to showcase my delicate soldering skills!). Thanks for the info on how to do this, it works a treat.

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Daily
    MKVI GTI ADIDAS
    2nd Car
    Mini Cooper S Chilli
    Name
    Simon

This is soo cool!!

I'm going to be doing the same now that I know how easy it is. All I got to do now is find an aftermarket B&D Roller door remote off ebay that will fit. At the moment its the size of a black of soap lol.

Thanks for the tips Chris

Daily
    MKVI GTI ADIDAS
    2nd Car
    Mini Cooper S Chilli
    Name
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by frazza View Post
    So happy today, my package from Carstyle4you has just arrived. Thanks to Stephen's (stephen8512) thread i saw the link to these guys so i ordered an "R" blank and a garage door switch. I'll take some pics when i fit them so we can have a little DIY

Chris,

Can you please confirm that this mod is actually the 'pushbutton' rather than the 'switch' as per the website?

Simon

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by GTI155TSI View Post
    Chris,

Can you please confirm that this mod is actually the 'pushbutton' rather than the 'switch' as per the website?

Simon
    I went with the push-button (just like your actual remote is a button NOT a switch) and it works really well. Getting the relay in place (in the car) is the only tricky bit, but if you take your time it's no problem. The installation instructions at Carstyle4you are in German but google translate does the trick and the translation actually makes sense. lol !!!

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Daily
    Audi RSQ3
    2nd Car
    Audi Q7
    Name
    Jason

That 'R' button could be used with the sprint booster, just have to have a look at the pushbutton wiring on the SB. wouldn't that be a great mod.

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by swalee View Post
    That 'R' button could be used with the sprint booster, just have to have a look at the pushbutton wiring on the SB. wouldn't that be a great mod.
    Hey Jason I looked into doing this also - and was very keen to do it for a while, but then backed away from it for a couple of reasons.... 1) I couldn't work out how you would know what mode you were in on the Sprintbooster (the controller gives you the colours) - I figured you could get carstyle4you to do up a button like the ACC which has 3 modes - but still not easy to know which is which 2) I figured having a button right at the DSG shift would be too tempting for someone to press while I was driving (better off under the dash next to the vagcom port where it is now). If you do get this working please post it up ...... I would love to see this in action

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Daily
    Audi RSQ3
    2nd Car
    Audi Q7
    Name
    Jason

Chris I will wait till I get my SB, then I'll pop into jaycar to see if they have a switch with the same setup as the switch setup on the SB. I might as well send a email to carstyle as well as see what they can do. Keep you posted

Daily
    BMW M2
    Name
    Darren

Wow Chris, yet another cool DIY, certainly something i'm going to consider doing.

+ Reply to Thread