Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silly question - wheels bolts..

Daily
    MK7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    6C Polo GTI
    Name
    marcus

Silly question - wheels bolts..

Hey guys,

After awhile my VMR710 rims have turned up and are looking great! Thanks to Marc from iautosport for organising them. He was a pleasure to deal with.

It has only just now dawned upon me though that im going to need to get new bolts for these wheels as they look to be conical seal... i know i should have realised this earlier but this is my first step away from non OEM rims... This is to fit a MKV GTI.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what size bolt i should be looking for? I *think* its a 14*1.5*28mm but am not sure if this is right for standard, no spacer size bolts..

Any info greatly appreciated...

Daily
    8P S3

If you're not sure best to send a quick msg to VMR but I'm pretty sure VMR have a ball seat so you can use your existing bolts.
    If you do need them M14x1.5x28 would do the trick.

Daily
    my11 vw golf gti 3dr
    2nd Car
    '11 toyota hilux sr5
    Name
    jason

i thought vmr retains the oem bolts.
    i was supplied bolts for my oz racing rims tho
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man- tint- rear cargo mat- weathershields- bluetooth- mdi- 19" oz racing ultra leggera- mcgard lockbolts- boston acoustic pro60se- jl audio xd700/5- jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips- eibach custom pro-kit- OPS- OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip- dieselgeek short shifter- gti floor mats- R8 Coil Packs

Daily
    MK7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    6C Polo GTI
    Name
    marcus

you guys might be right... i only opened the pack last night and couldnt really tell.. felt like the bolts didnt fit quite right but there is a good chance i just didnt have the wheel lined up properly..

Daily
    VW Passat R36 Wagon
    Name
    Pato

Quote Originally Posted by maraach View Post
    you guys might be right... i only opened the pack last night and couldnt really tell.. felt like the bolts didnt fit quite right but there is a good chance i just didnt have the wheel lined up properly..
    VMR rims definately use Ball Seat Lug nuts, generally speaking most of the other imported wheels use the Conical Lug nuts. Either can be had quite cheap off fleEbay..

Daily
    MY09 MKV R32
    2nd Car
    MY09 ForesterXT
    Name
    Brad

I was able to use the stock bolts/nuts on my GTC's (VMR Reps) which are claimed to come from the same factory as the VMR's? Take that for what it is worth.
    2008 MKV R32 <--Click for pics - Deep Blue Pearl - 3DR - Manual - 20% Tint - EVOMS Intake - Milltek Non-Res Catback Exhaust - APR ECU Tune - 18" GTC GT-CX Rims - Dunlop SP Sport Maxx TT Tyres - Whiteline 24mm RSB - Adam's Rotors (Double Slotted) - Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads - Vibratechnics Road Torque Link Mount - SprintBooster - R8 Coil Packs - NGK Platinum Sparkplugs - Stubby Antenna - Shell Helix Ultra Extra 5w30

Daily
    MK7 Golf R
    2nd Car
    6C Polo GTI
    Name
    marcus

Thanks guys, i think you are right. I will give them a shot this weekend.

Daily
    GTI MK 7
    Name
    Ognjen

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker View Post
    I was able to use the stock bolts/nuts on my GTC's (VMR Reps) which are claimed to come from the same factory as the VMR's? Take that for what it is worth.
    Were you able to use your vw oem wheel locking bolt on your gtc wheels?

+ Reply to Thread