Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with my Reverse Camera

Daily
    Triumph daytona 675
    2nd Car
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Sharif

Problems with my Reverse Camera

Hi Guys,

I'm currently having issues with my reverse camera. Been using it for a while now with now issues, but suddenly, today it doesn't seem to work. The camera pops out when I'm in reverse, but nothing shows up on the display. The display is working fine, just the camera display doesn't work?

Please help!!
    MK6 GTI :Carbon Steel, DSG, Xenons, 18" Detroits, OSIR Carbon Fibre Front Lip, R-Tail Lights, ST2 paddles, NAV, Bluetooth, Sunroof, Reverse Camera, Revo Stage 2

Daily
    MX-5
    Name
    Mark

Try off and on the head unit. Probably just a software bug and power cycle will fix it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golfless
    instagr.am

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

i say just go back to the dealer and get them to work it out. if there is a problem, it should be covered under warranty anyway
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Goran

With the car locked, flip the VW badge on the boot and make sure no one stole it!!!
    2011 RB Golf R with a real gearbox!! Here is a tip to increase your performance for free...take a dump before driving...

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

If the screen changes from say the Radio to blank when you select reverse it is a coding problem. to get the camera to work there are several coding steps. Check out my RVC DIY.
    I would say that for some unknown reason one of the codings has been lost or simply the multipin plug in the back of the RNS510 has simply fallen out.

Chris
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

Daily
    Triumph daytona 675
    2nd Car
    MK6 GTI
    Name
    Sharif

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I found out that if you unlock the boot with your key and don't close it again, the camera will flip out but not show up on the screen. Took me about 1.5 hours of sitting in my car to figure it ou
    MK6 GTI :Carbon Steel, DSG, Xenons, 18" Detroits, OSIR Carbon Fibre Front Lip, R-Tail Lights, ST2 paddles, NAV, Bluetooth, Sunroof, Reverse Camera, Revo Stage 2

Daily
    Ford Fiesta ST
    2nd Car
    Golf R
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by SSK05 View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I found out that if you unlock the boot with your key and don't close it again, the camera will flip out but not show up on the screen. Took me about 1.5 hours of sitting in my car to figure it ou
    Shit I should have realized, the same thing happened to me after i installed mine. it did not work because I left the hatch up.

Chris
    The NewCar: MY18 Blue Golf R 7.5, 6 speed Manual, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.
    Completed mods; ObDEleven, Short Shifter; Turbo muffler delete ; Black front VW Emblem, Carbon Fibre wrap, MQB Dog bone insert, GFB DVX diverter valve, Sub Whoofer

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    Range Rover Sport
    Name
    Chris

I had a similar once off with mine. Went to reverse and the screen went blank but no image. After coming back to the car later on the problem was gone. A Vagcom scan threw up a fault code related to an intermittent signal but it's not happened again so I didn't bother with it.

2010 Golf R

my build thread....

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MkVI
    Name
    Chris

couldn't be bothered starting a new thread but has anyone come across this with their reverse camera?

Daily
    Golf R Mk 7

Now that is a weird one!

Never seen that before.

+ Reply to Thread