Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems with my Reverse Camera

Daily
    VW Golf GTI MkVI
    Name
    Chris

yeah i washed it the day before and i remember opening the boot to wipe excess water away... must not have closed properly or something. went to my car at lunch and started it up to check and it was fine...

yeah i'm running wahtever the stock unit is... RCD510 i believe

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

Hey guys bumping this

My reverse camera doesn't seem to want to work

When I put it in R' the camera doesn't seem to come out all the way... Maybe less than half of the badge pops out . the display on the RNs works but it only shows what the camera can see, and since its only pops out less than half of the distance, it doesn't show much, as can be seen in the photo. The bottom half on the screen is showing the boot and the little sliver appearing on the screen is the camera showing what it can, due to it not being able to protrude out

Anyone else have this same problem with the reverse camera being "stuck" and not having it pop out all the way?

Last edited by stephen8512; 09-02-2013 at 09:29 PM. Reason: added picture
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Denham

Had the same problem for the last week.

Go into reverse and just get a blank screen, camera pops out but nothing displayed on the screen.

Rest the head unit, locked/opened the boot with the key but nothing working.

Any further suggestions?
    Golf R MKVI Candy White|5 door|DSG|ACC|19' Talladega Black|Electric Drivers Seat|Vienna Leather|RNS510|Dynaudio|MDI|Sunroof|Rear View Camera|Bluetooth|GIAC Stage 1

Daily
    VW GTI
    2nd Car
    Murano [bubs mobile]
    Name
    Louie

Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    Go into reverse and just get a blank screen, camera pops out but nothing displayed on the screen.
    Was this a retrofit? If so its a loose cable on the tail light camera trigger to adapter (yellow on mine).

Had this happen few times until I finally soldered it permanently.
    2012 CS K04 GTI | GIAC | APR RSC 3" TBE | VWR Intake | KW V1 | OEM R Bi-xenons | OEM R Tails | Unibrace UB | S3 Intercooler | podi boost gauge | OSIR body kit | BBS CH

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Denham

Quote Originally Posted by XQUIZT View Post
    Was this a retrofit? If so its a loose cable on the tail light camera trigger to adapter (yellow on mine).

Had this happen few times until I finally soldered it permanently.
    Factory fitted
    Golf R MKVI Candy White|5 door|DSG|ACC|19' Talladega Black|Electric Drivers Seat|Vienna Leather|RNS510|Dynaudio|MDI|Sunroof|Rear View Camera|Bluetooth|GIAC Stage 1

Daily
    NA8C
    2nd Car
    BNR34

heres a link to my build thread which may explain the cause

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....l=1#post298737
    Previous : MY05 CL9 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (Graphite) : (06/11/2004 - 19/02/2008)
    Previous : MY08 MK5 Volkswagen Jetta TFSI DSG (Reflex Silver) : (13/04/2008 - 28/06/2010)
    Previous : MY97 MK3 Volkswagen Vento VR6 (Porcelain Blue) : (01/08/2015 - 12/12/2015)
    Previous : MY11 MK6 Volkswagen Golf R DSG (Candy White) : (01/12/2010 - 11/06/2016)
    Current : MY96 NA8C Mazda MX-5 (British Racing Green) : (12/12/2015)
    Current : MY02 BNR34 Nissan Skyline GTR V-Spec II (Bayside Blue) : (05/06/2016)

Daily
    VW Golf R MkVI
    Name
    Stefan Matheos

Hey Guys, i am having the exact same problem? When i engage my car into reverse the screen shows up black! it still has display picture but the camera wont actually show up on the display!

Man its so annoying can anyone help? the camera itself seems fine, pops out and in normally and is definitely still there ? please someone help

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by stefmatheos View Post
    Hey Guys, i am having the exact same problem? When i engage my car into reverse the screen shows up black! it still has display picture but the camera wont actually show up on the display!

Man its so annoying can anyone help? the camera itself seems fine, pops out and in normally and is definitely still there ? please someone help
    If you have removed the RNS for some reason, take it out and ensure the RVC is plugged in properly. Speaking from experience.

Daily
    VW Golf R MkVI
    Name
    Stefan Matheos

Hey thanks for the help but what is the rns and rcv where can I find these?

Daily
    DBP MY09 R32
    2nd Car
    RS MY08 Touareg
    Name
    Greg Dillon

Mine played up a while back and I tracked it to the panel beater making the loom too tight and it caused the wires to break at the point they go into the camera head. I cut it back and fixed the wires and made the loom looser afterwards.
    08 MY09 R32, DBP, DSG, GIAC, R8V10 reps, KW V3, RNS510/VIM/BT/MDI/multiregion, Haldex and switch, s2t paddles,HPA dogbone rubber,Mk7 climatrotronics, FIS+, Adams/RDA discs & Hawk pads, Garage opener button, GruppeM, .front fogs, Milltek. CF Chin spoiler.Strut support. UB+XB, superpro LCAs, Alloy riser knuckles, LEDs.....

+ Reply to Thread