Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Nabsta's Rrrr

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by mattyeR20 View Post
    When's the Kerscher fenders coming on
    Trying to work thru some "issues" Matt. She will be awesomely fendered and clad in vinyl wrap once resolved...
    RB MkVI MY11 R: DSG, Sunroof, Satnav, Dynaudio, MDI, Leather

Revo Stage 2, FMIC, Volant CAI, Milltek TBE (ceramic tips), Weitec coilovers, Supaloy LCAs, FSB/RSB, paddles, garage door mod, VMR V710s, P3 Gauge, hatch pop, RVC, LED turners, puddle/warning lamps, R8 coils, LEDs, red coil harness cover, NewSouth boost gauge, PCV delete, subframe kit, Kerscher fenders, badgeless grille, ECS drilled/slotted rotors F/R, Remsa pads + stuff

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

OK, so... I'm back!

Long story: double-retrenchment, divorce, 2.5 jobs, kitchen sink, whole 9 yards...

Anyways up, as we say in Yorkshire... News!

Taking receipt of Yana Phase 7.0 tomorrow...

Replete with badgeless grille and Kerscher front fenders. Whilst fixing the smashed rear bumper from some dingbat in a Woolies car park...

Pics to come...

Revo Stage 2, FMIC, Volant CAI, Milltek TBE (ceramic tips), Weitec coilovers, Supaloy LCAs, FSB/RSB, paddles, garage door mod, VMR V710s, P3 Gauge, hatch pop, RVC, LED turners, puddle/warning lamps, R8 coils, LEDs, red coil harness cover, NewSouth boost gauge, PCV delete, subframe kit, Kerscher fenders, badgeless grille, ECS drilled/slotted rotors F/R, Remsa pads + stuff

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

from a fellow yorkshire man; keen to to see the changes you have planned...

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Hmmm, trying to share photos but no luckee so far... :-(
    Should show here...

Maybe try this link instead Yana Photo
    Last edited by Nabsta; 05-08-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Just installed some new leather front seats. Loving the feel. The one option I wish I had gone for in retrospect. But $1k vs. $3180 is OK in my book. Fitting the rears tomorrow. Need to get the wiring loom go r the heating/lumbar motors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daily
    audi s3
    Name
    little baby jesus

any photos of the seats mate; where did you purchase if you don't mind me asking please...

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by guile View Post
    any photos of the seats mate; where did you purchase if you don't mind me asking please...
    Got them from a guy who posted on here. Breakers set. Standard leathers. I'll put some photos up later.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Nabsta View Post
    Got them from a guy who posted on here. Breakers set. Standard leathers. I'll put some photos up later.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

So here's a dumb VAG inconsistency. My OCD has been going mental about a door rattle/vibration under certain heavy "tunes" which has been around for a while despite a couple of strip downs to try and uncover the culprit.

I had 2 more goes this week given it's kids hols and I spared myself a couple of hours in amongst entertaining them, although my son is my bestest little helper... Fixed it today.

Bizarrely, it's a stupid VAG part number sticker that is on the sound proofing on the inside of the removable door panel itself! With age, the sticker had come partially unstuck and that was the problem! Just so rapt I finally fixed it!

Only problem is now I have a rattle going over bumps somewhere around the glovebox area that has taken over as the focus of my OCD...

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Rattle fixed!

Turned out not to be inside. I checked a few other forums and discover things like glovebox cooler rattles, door panel rattles, B-pillar/seat-belt rattles, even the battery box being loose... which then made me think it wasn't inside and I remember hearing a vague rattle when the passenger door was banged by the kids (rather than closed nicely - grrr).

So I started tapping/banging panels outside...

Lo and behold, after having the Kerschers fitted, one of the passenger front wheel arch liner bolts had not been refitted properly and come loose so the liner was rattling on the front sway bar.

Happy man again...

+ Reply to Thread