Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DHL Couriers

Daily
    MK5 Golf
    Name
    Tyler

Going on 6 weeks now.. Have contacted DHL and BKS Tuning, but.. I'm almost starting to give up hope

Daily
    MK5 Golf
    Name
    Tyler

Update: It arrived today.

It arrived 9 weeks after ordered, but I got it.

Daily
    Mk3 VR6
    2nd Car
    S4 B5 Avant (WB)
    Name
    Ash

From my own experience with DHL their reliable but slow, they usually do a bulk shipments on heavy items.
    I ordered a RS6 front brake kit from Austria and it took 8 weeks to get to Sydney.
    I could see from the tracking info on their site is was sitting at the sorting facility for 3 weeks!
    Previous Rides:- 2000 Honda DC2 Type R | 2001 Audi S3 8L Stage 1 | 2004 Mitsuibishi Evo 8 Mivec...wtf? | 2005 VW Polo Gti 9n3 Stage 2 | 2006 VW Polo Gti 9n3
    Soon To Be - VW Mk3 Golf VR6!
    Project Car:- 2001.5 Audi S4 B5 Avant Stage 3+ .......widebody!!!

Daily
    VW golf R32 MKV
    Name
    Rondy

And here iam whinging about how long its taking for my cams to get here and its only been 3 weeks

Daily
    MK5 Golf
    Name
    Tyler

I order online a lot.
    at least 2-3 things a week.

And when getting anything shipped from america with DHL, it's here in under 4 business days, without fail.
    UPS and FedEX usually take about 5-8 Business days from the US.

But yeah, couldn't believe how long it took to get here from germany.
    I ordered my exhaust from Italy with UPS, and it had to be shipped from italy VIA germany, then united states and it still got here under 4 weeks (may have even been 3).

I'm wanting to order a few more things, but afraid of how long everything seems to take from over there.
    and the thought of spending hundreds, if not thousands on parts and it not being a smooth process to get here makes me a bit un-easy.

Name
    Ken

The DHL service you're getting is really standard German parcel post - its not a courier service as such. You'll find it usually gets delivered by Auspost here rather than DHL themselves.

Daily
    VW golf R32 MKV
    Name
    Rondy

Just checked with the guy who i got the cams off. In germany apparently theres the option of dhl standard freight or dhl express. I have a feeling that standard freight is only available in germany (german company) whilst express might be the standard for every other nation.

Banned
    Daily
    mk6 gti.
    Name
    adam.

i order lots of thinks from germany nike shoes and clothing things, half the time i get them freee because dhl (germanys australia post) mistake australia for austria, and it takes 3 months to get here......
    in turn i get a refund from the seller and still get my products and when i contact the seller to pay they say not to worry as dhl paid out insurance to them

i recommend them highly for the cost saving

Daily
    VW golf R32 MKV
    Name
    Rondy

Mine just got to Australia (2.5 weeks after tracking showed it was on a plane) was fearing the worse for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by tuz View Post
    i order lots of thinks from germany nike shoes and clothing things, half the time i get them freee because dhl (germanys australia post) mistake australia for austria, and it takes 3 months to get here......
    in turn i get a refund from the seller and still get my products and when i contact the seller to pay they say not to worry as dhl paid out insurance to them

i recommend them highly for the cost saving
    Was sorta hoping that mine took a bit longer now so i could do what u do haha

Name
    Marius

Quote Originally Posted by tylerjames View Post
    Going on 6 weeks now.. Have contacted DHL and BKS Tuning, but.. I'm almost starting to give up hope
    It took 2 months for me once.
    And they didn't even apologize for the long delay.

+ Reply to Thread