Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990

Thread: VWGOLF.NET Drag Times - Sponsored by Sydney Dragway

Daily
    MK7R
    2nd Car
    Polo GTI
    Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Parso View Post
    Who is that with the Pirelli ? haven't heard of it. They must have some amazing tyre setup diff etc
    I sold him my 15" slick setup from my mk6..
    Mk6 GTI 6MT - 11.02 @ 127.50 mph
    Mk7 GTI DSG - 12.86 @ 109.22 mph
    Mk7 R DSG - 11.89 @ 116.98 mph

Powered by GIAC

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

👍 that makes a bit of sense then

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Check out Prestige Autoworks on Facebook, they have some pretty fast APR cars atm and there should be some info on it there. I think Fullboost covered it but I believe it has an LSD, control arms and slicks on that night but nothing too serious. Check the time slips I posted a few weeks ago and the car ran an 11.9x in the opposite lane with a 1.75? 60ft

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MkIV 2.slow
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    Check out Prestige Autoworks on Facebook, they have some pretty fast APR cars atm and there should be some info on it there. I think Fullboost covered it but I believe it has an LSD, control arms and slicks on that night but nothing too serious. Check the time slips I posted a few weeks ago and the car ran an 11.9x in the opposite lane with a 1.75? 60ft
    Stripped interior as well. Only a driver's seat. Probably no spare tyre to go with it.

http://www.fullboost.com.au/fb/index...k-vw-golf-gti/

Write-up says it's only running 18PSI (what), is running race fuel, and has 252FWKW (again what).
    Driver Motorsport Tuned | Melbourne Car Meets | Insta: @RefrigerVADERR

Daily
    Golf R DSG
    2nd Car
    Audi S3 8V
    Name
    Mark

lol K04

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the wife, not the job, not the forum and all their bullshit. For those 11.9 seconds or less, I'm free"
    https://www.facebook.com/RecodeTuning

Daily
    MKVI Golf R
    Name
    Joel

Went back last night and improved again. Didn't quite hit that elusive 11.99 but got about as close as you could and by checking out the time slips you will see that the MPH is there. If I can string a decent 60ft and the 113mph together we are in like flyn.

I have a new goal now and thats an 11.89! Last night we ran 104 and took the seats out but didn't touch tyre pressures (33psi all 4), suspension, had half a tank of fuel and once again it was a very hot day so the car was basically soaked after one full run. Got 5 passes in over a few hours so never really let it cool down. Below is an action shot taken by one of the regulars out at Calder. As you can see it squats A LOT so maybe going full hard with the in my KWs would help? The rear is usually about as high as the front looks in that pic. Dont know enough about this stuff but we will try and see how we go.

Anyway, lets hope for some nice cool weather in a couple of weeks and we can smash that 11 and proceed onto Stage 3!

Daily
    MK7R
    2nd Car
    Polo GTI
    Name
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Flexatron View Post
    Went back last night and improved again. Didn't quite hit that elusive 11.99 but got about as close as you could and by checking out the time slips you will see that the MPH is there. If I can string a decent 60ft and the 113mph together we are in like flyn.

I have a new goal now and thats an 11.89! Last night we ran 104 and took the seats out but didn't touch tyre pressures (33psi all 4), suspension, had half a tank of fuel and once again it was a very hot day so the car was basically soaked after one full run. Got 5 passes in over a few hours so never really let it cool down. Below is an action shot taken by one of the regulars out at Calder. As you can see it squats A LOT so maybe going full hard with the in my KWs would help? The rear is usually about as high as the front looks in that pic. Dont know enough about this stuff but we will try and see how we go.

Anyway, lets hope for some nice cool weather in a couple of weeks and we can smash that 11 and proceed onto Stage 3!
    Nice work, 113 is the magic MPH you need to hit.
    Mk6 GTI 6MT - 11.02 @ 127.50 mph
    Mk7 GTI DSG - 12.86 @ 109.22 mph
    Mk7 R DSG - 11.89 @ 116.98 mph