Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Grego's Golf R

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
    Cheers, will get myself a set over the weekend, hopefully my lip will be arriving next week, can't wait.
    Excellent... If you need anymore info give me a yell

Quote Originally Posted by Nabsta View Post
    Haha yep! I just wondered how you chose your rego and...
    Chinese lucky number combo
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

To see my Build Thread >>>Click Here<<< Watch my Videos >>>Click Here<<<

Daily
    RS3
    2nd Car
    Ducati
    Name
    Nath

New lip looks great!

Daily
    Golf MK5 GTI
    2nd Car
    Bus #11
    Name
    Ernest

Looking good there Mark Would you mind me asking where did you get your ramps and how much did it cost?

Daily
    Audi S3 8P
    2nd Car
    VW MK6 GTI

Looks really good! How you find it for height wise on driveways etc? (You're not lowered though are you?)

Quote Originally Posted by GregoInc View Post
    DIY Kerscher Tuning Carbon Fibre Lip

Big thank you goes to Stuart from BMR Autowerkes http://www.bmrautowerkes.com.au/

I started by pre-drilling the holes in the lip. First a small 2mm drill hole to ensure alignment, then followed by the 6.5mm hole as advised by Kerscher.

Drilling complete I placed my car on ramps. I am sure you can use jacks or if you are spoilt a hoist. Next remove all the screws holding the under tray in place, remove the under tray and slide back under the car.

I then proceeded to pre-fit the lip under the front bar. Note the clamps I used to align the lip with the bar on either side. It is critical to get the alignment right before you drill any holes. The box of diet ginger beer made all the difference... so highly recommend it

The next step I drilled and installed the bolts at each side of the bar, primarily to ensure the lip didn't move during drilling the remaining holes.

After that I drilled all the holes and proceeded to install all the bolts, washers, and nuts. Here’s the finished item with all bolts installed.

So what tools did I use? See photo below… I used:-

- T20 torq screw driver to remove the under tray screws etc
    - Clamps to hold the lip in place for pre-fit and hole drilling
    - LED torch… probably the most valuable tool you will need to see what you are doing
    - Cordless drill with clutch mode engaged, so each of the bolts is tightened to the same torque
    - A 10mm socket in the cordless drill, and a 10mm spanner to hold the nuts

So how does it look… amazing!!

Challenges… Only bits that were difficult were installing the nuts and washers inside the front bar, but with the LED torch and some patience it can be done. I found the cordless drill really handy in tightening the bolts because I didn’t have to stuff around with other spanners or wrenches etc.

Hope this DIY helps… Enjoy!!
    "If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself."

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    Looks really good! How you find it for height wise on driveways etc? (You're not lowered though are you?)
    Damn it, knew someone would say that... Lowered springs are coming, then off to TruTrack... soon I promise
    MY11 Golf .:R | 3 Door l Rising Blue l 3 Pedals l 19" Grey Pretoria Rims l Leather l Nav | Bluetooth

Mods: Milltek CatBack l Bluefin Stage 1 l Unibrace XB & UB | H&R Springs & Rear Sway | AWE & AmD Hybrid CAI | SprintBooster
    Cosmetics: P3 Gauge | Interior LED Lights | LED Turn Bulbs | R Centre Caps | Kerscher Front Splitter | NS Boost Gauge

Daily
    Mazda 3 White
    2nd Car
    VW GTI Edition 35
    Name
    Elias

Take the bolts off again Mark (if you have time) and spray them black.

IMO would finish it off nicer even though not many will see the bolts it's all about the little things :P

Looks great though

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyrex View Post
    Looking good there Mark Would you mind me asking where did you get your ramps and how much did it cost?
    Hi Ernest... The ramps are plastic... yes really. Mostly got them because they don't damage garage floors and are super lite. Not sure where I got them but will see if they have any info on them

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by El_gti91 View Post
    Take the bolts off again Mark (if you have time) and spray them black.

IMO would finish it off nicer even though not many will see the bolts it's all about the little things :P

Looks great though
    You sir are a genius... Taken off = biatch, so I will hand paint. Thanks for the tip mate

Daily
    2012 Mk6 Golf 118
    2nd Car
    2011 Mk6 Golf R
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fuzion View Post
    Correct not lowered... And right now no probs, but will see when H&R springs installed

Daily
    Golf R Fridge Spec
    2nd Car
    Lexus
    Name
    fabio

I'm a bit worried with mine too.

You may have the same issue once you've lowered it.

Will look great when done though mark.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread