PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy Autopolar FIS+ Advanced

Tigger73
14-11-2012, 11:21 PM
OK I've run a couple of group buys and these units are proving pretty popular with Golf5/6 drivers.

So I've arranged a larger shipment with Auto-Polar and am now looking to keep some stock in the country. Pricing is same as before - $300 pick-up/drop-off in Adelaide or add $10 shipped anywhere else in Australia.

PM me if you're interested.

For more info and some nice videos etc please check over in the DIY thread here: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface

What parameters can be displayed with Polar FIS+ Advanced ?

Answer: A whole bunch of neat stuff including

- Real speed (read from ECU)
- Oil temperature (°C / °F)
- Coolant temperature (°C / °F)
- Outdoor temperature (°C / °F)
- Admision temperature (°C / °F)
- Turbo pressure
- RPM motor
- Voltage of the battery.
- Fuel remaining (Litres / Gallons)
- Atmospheric pressure
- Pressure fuel pump
- Motor load.
- Ambient Temperature (engine ECU)
- Coolant temperature engine output.
- Coolant temperature leaving the radiator.
- Mass air flow
- Admision pressure
- Sensor 1 throttle pedal
- Sensor 2 throttle pedal
- Sensor 1 throttle valve
- Sensor 2 throttle valve
- Horse power used (CV)
- Oil level
- Minimum oil level
- Brake master cylinder pressure
- Pressure in the fuel rail
- Torque used NM
- Injection timming
- Injection quantity
- Injection angle
- Injection start
- TV Free function

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Not all parameters are supported in all engine ECU, to know that data can be displayed, see the list of supported ECU:

http://www.auto-polar.com/downloads/Supported_ECUs.xls

Complete list of models supported are as follows:

- Volkswagen Golf5
- Volkswagen Golf6
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Volkswagen Caddy
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen EOS
- Volkswagen Passat
- Volkswagen Scirocco
- Volkswagen Sharan
- Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen Tiguan
- Skoda Octavia (1Z) -Pre y Restiling
- Skoda Superb II
- Skoda Fabia (new)
- Skoda Roomster
- Seat Toledo 2012 (new)
- Seat Alhambra
- Seat Leon
- Seat Altea

Sorry to Polo owners due to hardware simplification it appears there's no connector for your Autopolar to plug into at this stage.

There's also a bunch of other features including:

- Mirror dipping on selection of reverse
- Adjust number of comfort flashes
- Modification of the sensitivity of the rain sensor.
- Modification of the sensitivity of the light sensor.
- Enable / Disable American DLR.
- Enabling / Disabling daytime running lights.
- Enabling / Disabling cornering fog lights.
- Enabling / Disabling second rear fog light (where bulb exists).
- Enable / disable automatic closing from 15 km / h.
- Enable / disable rain closing.
- Enabling / Disabling one touch closing windows.
- Enable / Disable hazard warning in case of sharp braking.

NOTE: These functions, Polar Advanced FIS performs are via coding of the ECU with the requested function, so if this function is not supported by your vehicle ECU, then it cannot be activated.

For more details you can visit the auto-polar site: polar-fis-advanced (http://www.auto-polar.com/index-load-Polar_Fis_adv.htm)

Please note as of 2 November these units now support white MFD as well as the older red MFD. Different firmware versions are downloaded by the USB cable supplied with the unit.

73landau
14-11-2012, 11:36 PM
i am interested in some of the fixes this says it can do.
greg.

Tigger73
18-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Just looking to finalise the group buy. Been a bit of interest so I'm organising a second shipment.

Here's a quick look at what you'll get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H7SBIQSdptY

Surely there's someone here that can post a better time :)

Anyway if there's anyone else that is interested please PM and I'll send through payment details. Looking to finalise payments/numbers in the next couple of days.

73landau
21-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Super fast shipping from Spain and Fedex!!!!!!!!!!!

Tigger73
21-11-2012, 11:37 PM
Will express post units out tomorrow so hopefully you get it for the weekend

Nathan_b
21-11-2012, 11:48 PM
Would this work on a MY07 half MFD?

Too late?

Cheers

Tigger73
22-11-2012, 12:08 AM
Sorry, the Autopolar devices are only compatible with full height MFD.

They will run on both MkV and Mk6 Golfs but must have either red, white or colour full height MFD to display the data.

I still have one and possibly 2 units still available on the second shipment.

PM me if anyone is interested.

Nathan_b
22-11-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for you reply Damien

Bakks
22-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I've heard, for some reason, these won't work on vehicles with factory Bluetooth? Is this correct?

Tigger73
22-11-2012, 11:55 PM
I've heard, for some reason, these won't work on vehicles with factory Bluetooth? Is this correct?

Autopolar says that it now works with all BT units so is now 100% compatible. There may have been some issues in the past with specific modules, however these have all been sorted with later firmware releases.

Generally the Autopolar unit takes the place of the bluetooth in the MFD display. You then have 6 screens that you can cycle through for all your diagnostic data using the up/down buttons.

If you don't have a MFSW then you can access the menus using the wiper stalk.

You can bring up the "normal" bluetooth menu by pressing the phone button so you don't lose the menu, you just have to get to it by a different method.

73landau
24-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I received notice that there is a new update to install. They have separate software for red, white and colours MFDs. The Autopolar site will lead you to the download. :-)

GregoInc
24-11-2012, 10:14 AM
These look interesting... Complete noob question, where do they connect/plug-in? And is this GB still going?

Tigger73
24-11-2012, 10:59 AM
These look interesting... Complete noob question, where do they connect/plug-in? And is this GB still going?

The autopolar connects inline to the CANbus connector. It's a pass-through device. I haven't been able to confirm location in a RHD Golf R but most other Golf6 models have the connector in a compartment accessible from the engine bay.

There's an install thread over here: autopolar-fis-advanced-install-mk6-golf-118tsi (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f78/autopolar-fis-advanced-install-mk6-golf-118tsi-79213.html)

At this stage I still have 1 unit available, however looks like there may be enough interest to get some more in.

M4RK0
25-11-2012, 12:42 AM
The autopolar connects inline to the CANbus connector. It's a pass-through device. I haven't been able to confirm location in a RHD Golf R but most other Golf6 models have the connector in a compartment accessible from the engine bay.

There's an install thread over here: autopolar-fis-advanced-install-mk6-golf-118tsi (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f78/autopolar-fis-advanced-install-mk6-golf-118tsi-79213.html)

At this stage I still have 1 unit available, however looks like there may be enough interest to get some more in.

The CANBUS is located under the wiper system, you have to remove the little hatch there..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8336/8105026337_a366f3c925.jpg

Remove this is a 20min job,

degers
26-11-2012, 09:46 PM
The CANBUS is located under the wiper system, you have to remove the little hatch there..

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8336/8105026337_a366f3c925.jpg

Remove this is a 20min job,

Noooooooo! I was hoping it was in the same location as the MK5 - but that would have been way too easy.

Marko - I doubt this is going to take me 20 minutes - I'm thinking more like an hour to 90 minutes in my case... I'll let you know ;)

73landau
26-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I received mine today. Updated to the new software release. Now I need my car back from the repairers so I can fit it :-( Good thing is having a Mk5, I don't have to remove hidden trapdoors in the firewall.

Boltor
26-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm thinking more like an hour to 90 minutes in my case... I'll let you know ;)

that's about the time I am thinking for me too ... feel free to post lots of photos and hints! :)

degers
26-11-2012, 10:52 PM
that's about the time I am thinking for me too ... feel free to post lots of photos and hints! :)

I think I'll give this a go in a couple of day's time - photos, videos and hints to follow....

Boltor
26-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I think I'll give this a go in a couple of day's time - photos, videos and hints to follow....

brilliant, thanks.

... and unlike you, I have (probably unwisely!) sold my P3 already so this thing had better work...

degers
26-11-2012, 10:59 PM
brilliant, thanks.

... and unlike you, I have (probably unwisely!) sold my P3 already so this thing had better work...

Ha ha ha... I hear you - me too!!. I really want this to work since it looks to be a nicely integrated solution. My P3 is nice but not quite OEM enough for me plus I want the OBD port to be free for another project related to my Valentine1 :D

M4RK0
26-11-2012, 11:14 PM
Guys could you please post some pics before install of what is on the box?

Pleaseeee!

M4RK0
26-11-2012, 11:20 PM
Noooooooo! I was hoping it was in the same location as the MK5 - but that would have been way too easy.

Marko - I doubt this is going to take me 20 minutes - I'm thinking more like an hour to 90 minutes in my case... I'll let you know ;)

No buddy, really is very easy to remove,

A huge tips when removing the wipers is use your both hands, one to hold the part near the screw, and with the other waggle a bit side to side the wiper and it will come off easy!

The plastic thing underneath, remove the puffy plastic at the sides, then the sealant rubber, and then it will pop first the part of the engine bay,

Last the plastic hatch only two screws use a trim tool to lift it, it's a bit sticked,

In any case let me know and I can even make a video for you guys about how to do it :)

Boltor
26-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Probably shouldn't post a URL, but there are some instructions on vwwatercooled on how to fit this from within the cabin of a Golf R. Just posted by jamesatfish. Bad news is the even though it was fitted ok, the unit didn't work.

degers
27-11-2012, 03:07 AM
Probably shouldn't post a URL, but there are some instructions on vwwatercooled on how to fit this from within the cabin of a Golf R. Just posted by jamesatfish. Bad news is the even though it was fitted ok, the unit didn't work.

I had a read of that. Geez I'm not sure that is a whole lot easier to be honest..? I tried to get at it from that direction already and it's a bloody tight squeeze. You need the hands of a small girl to be able to get anywhere near that final box!

I might stick with the more cumbersome / slower external attack and hope for the best with my unit. Fingers crossed.

M4RK0
27-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Well, we need all the information possible from my point of view, and there's nothing wrong in quoting other forums, at the end that's what they are for, :)

I've sent an email direct to Polar hoping that they might subscribe at VWG and share some info like they did on MK6 forums,

We should start collecting information about this,

I'll create a new thread on the DIY with all the use full links,

Feel free to post... we will find the light at then of the tunnel :)

M4RK0
27-11-2012, 10:00 AM
I had a read of that. Geez I'm not sure that is a whole lot easier to be honest..? I tried to get at it from that direction already and it's a bloody tight squeeze. You need the hands of a small girl to be able to get anywhere near that final box!

I might stick with the more cumbersome / slower external attack and hope for the best with my unit. Fingers crossed.

DIY Autopolar-FIS-Advanced-MK6-118tsi (http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f78/autopolar-fis-advanced-install-mk6-golf-118tsi-79213.html)

This is exactly what you guys have to do...

Damn!! I'm exited about this thing and I'm not even buying one! and you guys are far! I would love to do a DIY of it,

Tigger73
27-11-2012, 01:57 PM
Bad news is the even though it was fitted ok, the unit didn't work.

All fixed and working.

Suspect he'd got too excited and not updated his firmware before installing and had red MFD firmware trying to talk to a white MFD/RNS.

Reloaded the white MFD firmware and working a treat.

M4RK0
27-11-2012, 02:17 PM
All fixed and working.

Suspect he'd got too excited and not updated his firmware before installing and had red MFD firmware trying to talk to a white MFD/RNS.

Reloaded the white MFD firmware and working a treat.

Will the FIS work with the Premium (Colour) cluster?

Boltor
27-11-2012, 02:34 PM
We should start collecting information about this,

I'll create a new thread on the DIY with all the use full links,

Feel free to post... we will find the light at then of the tunnel :)

Great idea! Lots of technical data being discovered so would be good to have a single thread.

Tigger73
27-11-2012, 02:44 PM
Will the FIS work with the Premium (Colour) cluster?

Yes will now work with red, white and colour MFD's. Though they must be full height.

The latest firmware (http://www.auto-polar.com/index-searchmod-15-searchabout-20-load-module_news.php.htm) now supports the white and colour displays (previously only red was supported).

M4RK0
27-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Great idea! Lots of technical data being discovered so would be good to have a single thread.

It is done buddy, please go to the DIY section,

Yes will now work with red, white and colour MFD's. Though they must be full height.

The latest firmware (http://www.auto-polar.com/index-searchmod-15-searchabout-20-load-module_news.php.htm) now supports the white and colour displays (previously only red was supported).

Awesome I'm changing mine next week :)

Guys please post your comments and reviews here: Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface)

If you guys are ok with this we can close this thread and continue on the DIY thread,

Cheers!

Boltor
27-11-2012, 07:30 PM
Guys please post your comments and reviews here: Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface)

If you guys are ok with this we can close this thread and continue on the DIY thread,

excellent, thanks! off to the new thread...

Tigger73
28-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Thanks M4RKO - any tech discussion, how to, installation etc best placed in the DIY thread Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface).

However if you weren't quick enough to secure a unit in the first group buys, I've arranged for another shipment (somehow I've missed out on a unit again!!!!!)

Pricing as before $300 pick-up/delivered in Adelaide or $310 shipped anywhere in Australia.

PM me for payment details.

_Just
28-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Looks like a really nice piece of kit. Does it show the peak boost of the previous spurt, like it does on the P3?

Tigger73
28-11-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like a really nice piece of kit. Does it show the peak boost of the previous spurt, like it does on the P3?

Yes they are a nice unit. At the moment only real-time values are available so if you want peak numbers then P3 is still the better unit.

However I know the developers of the Autopolar unit are pretty active and I'm certain that peak values is something they would look at incorporating in future firmware releases. Unit firmware is upgradeable via a USB cable (supplied with the unit). This can be done with the unit still in the car.

So when a feature or parameter comes out in future it is a simple job to upgrade your unit.

FUNCTIONS AVAILABLE

[+] TV-Free function to see video in motion
[+] Battery drain fix for vehicles equipped with RNS-510 and old gateways before index "K"
[+] Parktronic OPS emulation function (see Parktronic screen in RNS510 with Parktronic PDC ecu) (only available with Skoda vehicles)
[+] Confort blinkers configurables from 3 to 10 blinks
[+] Mirror lowering function (passenger mirror goes down to a configured position when engage reverse gear)
[+] Add BT Hands free compatibility with White dot Hands free units (Can works with all models of BT for white dot cars up to this date)
[+] Activation / deactivation of RNS-510 hidden menu
[+] Configurable chronometer, possible to switch as lap counter, or to measure acceleration between 2 desired speeds
[+] New function to see climatronic adjusts in RNS-510 screen (only available in Skoda vehicles)
[+] Configurable number of desktops from 1 to 10
[+] New menu design
[+] Basic functions availables with diagnostics cables:
1 - Adjust sensibility percentage of automatic wiper
2 - Adjust sensibility percentage of automatic lights
3 - Activation/Deactivation Daytime running lights
4 - Activation/Deactivation cornering lights
5 - Activation/Deactivation american lights
6 - Activation/Deactivation cornering lights
7 - Activation/Deactivation warning lights (with blinkers)
8 - Activation/Deactivation of second rear fog light
9 - Activation/Deactivation windows automatic rain closing
10 - Activation/Deactivation automatic closing at 20 Kmh
11 - Activation/Deactivation one touch closing

PARAMETERS AVAILABLE

1 // Real Speed
2 // External temperature
3 // RPM Motor
4 // Battery voltage
5 // Petrol tank litres
6 // Calculated oil temperature
7 // Measured oil temperature
8 // Engine ambient temperature
9 // Admision temperature
10 // Cooler temperature
11 // Engine coolant output temperature
12 // Radiator coolant output temperature
13 // Oil temperature
14 // Requested boost pressure
15 // Measured boost pressure
16 // Atmospheric pressure
17 // Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure (Intake manifold absolute pressure)
18 // Presión bomba combustible requerida
19 // Presión bomba combustible medida
20 // Presión en rail de combustible
21 // Presión pedal freno??
22 // Presión bomba freno??
23 // Calculated engine load
24 // Measured engine load
25 // Mass Air Flow
26 // Mass Air Flow
27 // Acelerator pedal position
28 // Acelerator pedal position
29 // Acelerator valve position
30 // Acelerator valve position
31 // Engine torque
32 // Engine power (CV)
33 // Level oil
34 // Minimun level oil
35 // Injection Timing
36 // Ignition Angle
37 // Misfire sum
38 // Misfire Cylinder 1
39 // Misfire Cylinder 2
40 // Misfire Cylinder 3
41 // Misfire Cylinder 4
42 // Misfire Cylinder 5
43 // Misfire Cylinder 6
44 // Misfire Cylinder 7
45 // Misfire Cylinder 8
46 // Misfire Cylinder 9
47 // Misfire Cylinder 10
48 // Misfire Cylinder 11
49 // Misfire Cylinder 12
50 // Misfire Cylinder 1
51 // Misfire Cylinder 2
52 // Misfire Cylinder 3
53 // Misfire Cylinder 4
54 // Misfire Cylinder 5
55 // Misfire Cylinder 6
56 // Misfire Cylinder 7
57 // Misfire Cylinder 8
58 // Misfire Cylinder 9
59 // Misfire Cylinder 10
60 // Misfire Cylinder 11
61 // Misfire Cylinder 12
62 // Angle Delay Cylinder 1
63 // Angle Delay Cylinder 2
64 // Angle Delay Cylinder 3
65 // Angle Delay Cylinder 4
66 // Angle Delay Cylinder 5
67 // Angle Delay Cylinder 6
68 // Angle Delay Cylinder 7
69 // Angle Delay Cylinder 8
70 // Angle Delay Cylinder 9
71 // Angle Delay Cylinder 10
72 // Angle Delay Cylinder 11
73 // Angle Delay Cylinder 12
74 // Escape temperature
75 // Escape temperature
76 // Catalyzer input temperature
77 // AFR (AIR/FLOW RATIO) LAMBDA 1
78 // AFR (AIR/FLOW RATIO) LAMBDA 2
79 // Fuel Trim Bank 1/3
80 // Fuel Trim Bank 2/4
81 // N75 Duty Cycle Specified
82 // N75 Duty Cycle Actual
83 // Injection Quantity
84 // Injection Start
85 // Injection Duration
86 // Injection Start Quantity
87 // Injection Quantity 1
88 // Injection Quantity 2
89 // Injection Quantity 3
90 // Injection Quantity 4
91 // Injection Quantity 5
92 // Injection Quantity 6
93 // Injection Quantity 7
94 // Injection Quantity 8
95 // Injection Quantity 9
96 // Injection Quantity 10
97 // Injection Quantity 11
98 // Injection Quantity 12
99 // EGR Duty Cycle, EGR 1
100 // EGR Duty Cycle, EGR 2
101 // Chargue Pressure Control Specified
102 // Chargue Pressure Control Actual
103 // Temperature prior bost
104 // DPF Temperature, DPF 1
105 // DPF Temperature, DPF 2
106 // DPF Oil Ash Volume, DPF 1
107 // DPF Oil Ash Volume, DPF 2
108 // DPF filling
109 // DPF regen counter
110 // DPF input temperature
111 // DPF output temperature
112 // Lateral G-Aceleration

M4RK0
28-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Thanks M4RKO - any tech discussion, how to, installation etc best placed in the DIY thread Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface (http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface).

However if you weren't quick enough to secure a unit in the first group buys, I've arranged for another shipment (somehow I've missed out on a unit again!!!!!)

Pricing as before $300 pick-up/delivered in Adelaide or $310 shipped anywhere in Australia.

Thanks Damien,

Ok guys,

Please refer your questions to the DIY thread I'll temporary close this thread to keep it just for the next group buy,

:)

Damien, please let me know whenever you are ready to do the next GB to open the thread again,

Cheers!

M4RK0
04-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Thread open,
Guys please lets keep this thread for sales questions and requests only,

For technical advise and info sharing please refer to the DIY thread,

One again huge thanks to Damien for organizing an amazing Group Buy, properly informed, smooth and helpful,

Cheers!

Tigger73
05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Good news - I've received a new shipment of Polar FIS+ Advanced units today.

There's a number of units that have already been shipped out so those that pre-ordered should get them by the weekend.

Anyone else that would like a unit I've brought in a few more this time so if you're thinking of what to give yourself for Christmas.... or maybe you can think up another legitimate excuse please send me a PM and I'll send you through payment details.

Pricing is same as before $300 pick-up / drop-off in Adelaide or add $10 posted anywhere in the country.

degers
05-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Thread open,
Guys please lets keep this thread for sales questions and requests only,

For technical advise and info sharing please refer to the DIY thread,

One again huge thanks to Damien for organizing an amazing Group Buy, properly informed, smooth and helpful,

Cheers!

I also want to say thanks to Damien for all his efforts.

I initially bought my unit direct from Polar before the group buy. The unit I was shipped had some issues and the Polar guys and Damien were very helpful in trying to resolve them. In the end, it came down to a hardware fault.

Damien sent me one of his new stock, and is taking back my current unit and dealing with Polar around the warranty. He offered all of this on his own - unprompted!!

You can't get any better help and support than that! Thanks mate.

M4RK0
05-12-2012, 12:47 PM
Damn it! the lady who collects the post is on sick leave!!! ahhhh! I have to wait until monday......

Boltor! this is still your fault!! :)

Boltor
05-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I also want to say thanks to Damien for all his efforts.

I initially bought my unit direct from Polar before the group buy. The unit I was shipped had some issues and the Polar guys and Damien were very helpful in trying to resolve them. In the end, it came down to a hardware fault.

Damien sent me one of his new stock, and is taking back my current unit and dealing with Polar around the warranty. He offered all of this on his own - unprompted!!

You can't get any better help and support than that! Thanks mate.

Nice work Damien! Agree, can't ask for more than that!

Tigger73
13-12-2012, 09:41 PM
OK. So I've got 4 units left from the last batch of 10.

I can guarantee delivery of these before Christmas but once they're gone next shipment probably won't be until next year.

Tigger73
28-12-2012, 09:39 PM
This is the last and final call for AutoPolar FIS+ Advanced group buy.

I have 3 units left at the group buy price of $300 pick-up in Adelaide or $310 EFT / $318 PayPal shipped Australia-wide.

Once these units are gone, distribution (and pricing) for Australian delivery will change.

What does this mean?

Well let me put it this way, people that jumped on the group buy will be very happy that they did.

Tigger73
29-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Update - 2 left.

Tigger73
30-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Update - 1 left

Tigger73
30-12-2012, 09:33 PM
Going, going, gone....

Last of the group buy units has been purchased.

Please contact me if you would like to source a unit for your vehicle in the New Year.

El_gti91
30-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Wow good work Damien! All gone by the New Year :)

Chinaski
03-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Damian, I'm interested in a unit for my R32....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Tigger73
16-02-2013, 12:54 PM
I have received a fresh batch of Auto-Polar FIS+ units if anyone is interested please PM me.

M4RK0
16-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Woooohooo! :)

zhifchik
16-02-2013, 04:26 PM
+1

PM Sent

Tigger73
16-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Woooohooo! :)

Yep that's right more mirror dipping action for all mk 5 & 6 golfs (plus others).

Plus some neat diagnostics available in your MFD.

And an in-built chronometer based on uncorrected (actual) speed so you can get accurate 0-100 times.

There's some neat features coming for those that have parking sensors.

And if you already have a unit it's a 2 minute job to upgrade the firmware to get all the latest updates.

Very popular alternative to P3 leaving your vent free in summer for your a/c.

2 units gone - 8 left.

Nabsta
16-02-2013, 07:08 PM
So tempted... ;)

Tigger73
16-02-2013, 10:01 PM
So tempted... ;)

So what would be the clincher?

auto-closing function for windows when rain sensor is activated?

or maybe the lateral g-force read-out :)

Boltor
16-02-2013, 11:19 PM
There's some neat features coming for those that have parking sensors.

Damien,

interesting, but you can't leave it at that! ok, what features?

also, looks like they are having problems getting fuel economy parameters working. Heard anything on this?

Tigger73
16-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Damien,

interesting, but you can't leave it at that! ok, what features?

also, looks like they are having problems getting fuel economy parameters working. Heard anything on this?

All I've heard is that the reverse sensor data is going to be available - perhaps able to show distance in mm. They're also working on making the unit compatible with audi displays (not sure how far along they are with this).

There's a few more "tuning" parameters they are looking to add as well as the fuel consumption data that is available in the "standard" MFD. I know lot of people that would like to display this data in their FIS+ screens and use the FIS to display 4 parameters on the screen at once.

I think that they are just about getting through to resolving the last few of the reported "bugs" and are very shortly going to switch focus to spend their engineering time working on product enhancements. So hopefully there should be a bunch more features coming through in the following months.

Sorry that's about all I know at the moment. If I hear anything further I'll let you know - otherwise keep your eyes peeled on the Auto-Polar forum for announcements on the latest releases.

Boltor
16-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Thanks mate, good info.

Got to say, the lads at Auto-polar are very customer focused - their diligence in answering each and every query on their forum is as good as I have ever seen. Outstanding.

Looking forward to the next update.

sierra055
17-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm keen! You mentioned a price change following the last GB though, is that the case for this batch?

degers
17-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Thanks mate, good info.

Got to say, the lads at Auto-polar are very customer focused - their diligence in answering each and every query on their forum is as good as I have ever seen. Outstanding.

Looking forward to the next update.

+1

Great product and fantastic customer focus

Tigger73
17-02-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm keen! You mentioned a price change following the last GB though, is that the case for this batch?

For now pricing is the same - $300 pick-up in Adelaide or $310 posted Australia-wide. Paypal add $8 to cover fees/charges.

If a local business picks up and runs with the product (there's a couple looking at it), pricing will have to go up - probably in the order of 30%. Though a decision on final pricing will obviously be up to that business.

Until that happens I'm happy to bring in units for forum members that want them.

Cheers,

Damien

azza35
17-02-2013, 11:55 AM
Damien you have a very tempting item on offer. I may have I try and convince my financial advisor ha ha

Nabsta
17-02-2013, 04:46 PM
So what would be the clincher?

auto-closing function for windows when rain sensor is activated?

or maybe the lateral g-force read-out :)

STOP IT you bad man! :> I like the auto-closing function. I thought the rain sensor was active all the time? Do you mean when you have the wipers in auto?

The clincher would be getting a massive discount and selling my P3 to help stem the haemorrhage from my pocket from all this modding business! :lol:

I'm considering it. Do you take Paypal? *sigh*

Boltor
17-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Do you take Paypal? *sigh*

ha! another one falls! same here - sold the P3 to fund the FIS+.

Tigger73
17-02-2013, 06:54 PM
STOP IT you bad man! :> I like the auto-closing function. I thought the rain sensor was active all the time? Do you mean when you have the wipers in auto?

The clincher would be getting a massive discount and selling my P3 to help stem the haemorrhage from my pocket from all this modding business! :lol:

I'm considering it. Do you take Paypal? *sigh*

Sorry..... I suffer from the same disease it's called moditis.

Yes I take Paypal - will PM payment details.

A few others have changed over from running P3 gauges so you wouldn't be the only one.

Tigger73
19-02-2013, 11:12 PM
5 sold and I now only have 5 left....

Tigger73
19-02-2013, 11:17 PM

I haven't got this function going yet, but windows will close if you leave the car with windows open and it starts raining (or you wet the sensor).

I guess it's a handy function when you wash your car and forget to close one of the windows but you have to remember to start spraying your windscreen with water first :)

zhifchik
20-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Has anyone installed this in the Golf R successfully. I installed mine today and it's not showing up on the MFD nor radio. I updated it to the latest FW before install.

zhifchik
20-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Just read Boltor's post from Dec. Going downstairs to follow that process......

Boltor
20-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Has anyone installed this in the Golf R successfully. I installed mine today and it's not showing up on the MFD nor radio. I updated it to the latest FW before install.

yep, certainly have. I see you're in Canberra. Happy to meet up to help if need be...

M4RK0
20-02-2013, 10:42 PM
ha! another one falls! same here - sold the P3 to fund the FIS+.

You started!!

Guys you won't regret it! One second! Totally worth it!

Boltor
20-02-2013, 10:49 PM
You started!!

Guys you won't regret it! One second! Totally worth it!

guilty!

zhifchik
20-02-2013, 11:08 PM
yep, certainly have. I see you're in Canberra. Happy to meet up to help if need be...

May take you up on that. I'm having no end of problems.

Boltor
20-02-2013, 11:11 PM
^ ok, no worries, just PM. This latest version of software crashed on me a week ago - left hand buttons stopped responding, and no FIS. Had to unhook the battery, wait a few minutes, re attached and ok.

zhifchik
20-02-2013, 11:16 PM
^ ok, no worries, just PM. This latest version of software crashed on me a week ago - left hand buttons stopped responding, and no FIS. Had to unhook the battery, wait a few minutes, re attached and ok.

F24 fuse has been my "reset" for the FIS.

I'll keep trying and PM if all else fails.

sierra055
21-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Mine arrived today (well, Tuesday but haven't managed to get into the office to grab it!)
Can't wait to get it installed. Thanks to Damien for organising and for such great service.

Boltor
22-02-2013, 08:56 PM
my unit stopped working today. just lost the functionality of the left hand steering wheel buttons and bluetooth / phone function. Pulled F24 and all ok again. That's twice for this firmware version. odd.

swalee
22-02-2013, 10:53 PM
May take you up on that. I'm having no end of problems.

So am I.

I have finally guessed that these units are still in Beta. There have been problems with comfort settings, this was due to me making changes in comfort settings with VAGCOM before the unit was installed. The Boost, Rail Pressure dont work on PSI ( looks like the new update will fix that ). Screwed up the Bluetooth telephone, Update fixed that, and the Diagnostics/DEBUG setting just hangs the unit, and what the F%$k is the RESET for!! , the only way to reset the unit is pull the battery leads. Duh.

Tigger73
23-02-2013, 01:42 AM
The quickest way to resolve issues is to do the following:

* Update to the latest firmware
* Check if the problem is still present
* Log the issue on the Auto-Polar forum - http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?30-Polar-FIS-Advanced

The Auto-Polar techs are very proactive on the Auto-Polar forum and issues are quickly addressed through either new hardware or software.

If you have a problem with your Auto-Polar hardware/software this is the best (only) place to get technical support.

If for whatever reason you're unable to post onto the Auto-Polar forum please PM me the details and I will post the issue/problem on your behalf.

Tigger73
17-03-2013, 09:08 AM
I still have a few group buy units available if anyone wants delivery before Easter.

PM me for details.

Schrick32
23-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Pm sent!

Tigger73
23-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Pm sent!

PM sent back!!!

Good Easter project! :)

Tigger73
28-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I have a new shipment of Auto-Polar FIS+ units arriving next week.

These are an updated hardware revision which is now being manufactured in Spain (previous units were built in China) so quality of the product should be improved in the new second generation units.

Due to the higher spec and the fact that the Auto-Polar units are about to be supplied through a number of local tuners (who have to run a business and charge 10% GST), pricing for the units has been increased to $369.

For forum members this price will include shipping Australia-wide.

Good news is that I still have 2 x rev 1 units left at the "old" price of $300 pick-up or $310 shipped.

PM me if you're interested - either for the last of the rev 1 units or for a new rev 2 unit.

Both units will run the same firmware and therefore have the same features (at this stage at least).

DJO
28-04-2013, 04:18 PM
PM sent. This modding caper is getting expensive!

orrgazmo1986
28-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Pm sent

Tigger73
28-04-2013, 06:35 PM
PM's replied

Tigger73
29-04-2013, 03:22 PM
All Rev 1 units have now been sold.

Rev 2 units will be landing/shipping out later this week for those that have pre-ordered.

El_gti91
29-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Are trade available Damien?
And is there any need to upgrade?

Tigger73
29-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Are trade available Damien?
And is there any need to upgrade?

I haven't seen a Rev2 unit yet.

They will both run the same firmware so at the moment there is no functionality difference between the units.

I know there have been some modifications/improvements made to the hardware, but I'm just waiting on the full details.

El_gti91
29-04-2013, 03:51 PM
I haven't seen a Rev2 unit yet.

They will both run the same firmware so at the moment there is no functionality difference between the units.

I know there have been some modifications/improvements made to the hardware, but I'm just waiting on the full details.

Well you'll keep us posted I'm sure :)

Tigger73
30-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Well you'll keep us posted I'm sure :)

Well turns out the redesign of the rev2 units has been mainly to simplify the design, reduce power consumption and hence produce less heat.

So the new units will have fewer components, run cooler, have better build quality and more rigorous testing.

Functionality they will run the same firmware and as the rev1 units so features will be the same between both versions.

There is no need to update, however if you purchase a unit now you'll be getting the improved hardware.

El_gti91
30-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Well I'm happy then.

Tigger73
06-05-2013, 11:47 PM
I'll be in Perth for the next couple of days.

Anyone in Perth after an AutoPolar FIS+ unit, this is your absolute best chance of a great deal.

I'll have 5 units with me. Pick-up in the city only.

Please PM me and I'll send you my contact/location details for pick-up.

Steve
07-05-2013, 06:28 PM
I'll be in Perth for the next couple of days.

Anyone in Perth after an AutoPolar FIS+ unit, this is your absolute best chance of a great deal.

I'll have 5 units with me. Pick-up in the city only.

Please PM me and I'll send you my contact/location details for pick-up.Dibs'd one...so 3 left.

degers
07-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Dibs'd one...so 3 left.

Nice one Steve. Great gadgets these boxes

Tigger73
08-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Last chance for Perth members.

PM me to arrange pick-up today/tonight as I'm leaving first thing tomorrow.

Steve
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Nice to meet you today Damien. Thanks for the *awesome* deal.

Tigger73
08-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Nice to meet you today Damien. Thanks for the *awesome* deal.

No problems Steve.

Great to catch up with some of you WA guys.

Tigger73
20-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Mad May Sale

As the title suggest I've gone slightly mad (or maybe that was my wife) as she opened the post and said "what more of these boxes???"

Anyway I have to clear some "ex-demo" inventory and you guys get the chance to make my wife happy....

Enough of that, I have 2 x units available at never to be repeated prices: $280 + shipping - $295 to your door Australia-wide.

These are definitely the last of the first gen units so grab these while they're still available.

If you're looking for the latest 2nd gen hardware (made in Spain) I have these available too.

Tarmac
20-05-2013, 11:37 PM
These things would be awesome if they told you useful things. Like knock retard for one.

Tigger73
21-05-2013, 12:02 AM
These things would be awesome if they told you useful things. Like knock retard for one.

Is that a parameter that is normally available via VCDS? Auto-polar accesses the same data so anything that is available via VCDS can potentially be displayed in the MFD by FIS+.

If there's diagnostics that people seriously want/need displayed I'll certainly ask the developers to include it in future firmware releases.

The diesel guys have got their "Distance since last regen" parameter so I'm sure if we asked nicely they could look at pulling out some other data.

If it's going to sell more units then I'm sure they'd consider it.

Tarmac
21-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Is that a parameter that is normally available via VCDS? Auto-polar accesses the same data so anything that is available via VCDS can potentially be displayed in the MFD by FIS+.

If there's diagnostics that people seriously want/need displayed I'll certainly ask the developers to include it in future firmware releases.

The diesel guys have got their "Distance since last regen" parameter so I'm sure if we asked nicely they could look at pulling out some other data.

If it's going to sell more units then I'm sure they'd consider it.

Hey Damo, yeah its standard in vagcom. Timing Retardation. Other very useful and common ones are Lambda, idle and partial fuel trims. Actual fuel pressure (lpfp) if they added these it would be amaaaazing. These are key when tuning and fault finding.

Tigger73
28-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Mad May Sale

As the title suggest I've gone slightly mad (or maybe that was my wife) as she opened the post and said "what more of these boxes???"

Anyway I have to clear some "ex-demo" inventory and you guys get the chance to make my wife happy....

Enough of that, I have 2 x units available at never to be repeated prices: $280 + shipping - $295 to your door Australia-wide.

These are definitely the last of the first gen units so grab these while they're still available.

If you're looking for the latest 2nd gen hardware (made in Spain) I have these available too.

Sale ends Friday

kyratz
10-06-2013, 09:47 AM
hi,

are you still selling these?

Tigger73
10-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Yes. Though with the diving exchange rate prices have gone up.

Current RRP is $399 + $15 shipping.

New group buy price is $349 including shipping Australia-wide.

Tigger73
11-06-2013, 03:23 PM
There's also another promotion that is being run in conjunction with one of the forum sponsors (Viezu Australia) until the end of June.

If you buy a Viezu tune in June, you will receive $100 off the RRP off an AutoPolar FIS+ Advanced - $299 + $15 shipping.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3710/9013490090_a975fdf169_z.jpg

Any info please send me a PM or email Simon - [email protected]

Tigger73
30-06-2013, 08:02 AM
Hey Damo, yeah its standard in vagcom. Timing Retardation. Other very useful and common ones are Lambda, idle and partial fuel trims. Actual fuel pressure (lpfp) if they added these it would be amaaaazing. These are key when tuning and fault finding.

OK it might not do everything that you want, however here's the list of available parameters. Note not all parameters are available in every vehicle (i.e. you won't get diesel parameters in a petrol car).

Complete list of all parameters available

Name
Description

VELOCIDAD
Real Speed extracted from ECU motor

TEMP_EXT
External Temperature

RPM
RPM Engine

V_BAT
Battery Voltage

FUEL_LIT
Petrol Tank Litres

TEMP_OIL_CAL
Calculated Oil Temperature

TEMP_OIL_ACT
Measured Oil Temperature

TEMP_AMB
Engine Ambient Temperature

TEMP_INTAKE
Intake Air Temperature

TEMP_COOL
Cooler Temperature

TEMP_ENG_OUT
Engine Coolant Output Temperature

TEMP_RAD_OUT
Radiator Coolant Output Temperature

TEMP_FUEL
Fuel Temperature

PRES_BOOST_SPE
Request Boost Presure

PRES_BOOST_ACT
Measured Boost Pressure

PRES_ATMOS
Atmospheric Pressure

IMAP
Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure

PRES_FUEL_SPE
Required Fuel Pump Pressure

PRES_FUEL_ACT
Measured Fuel Pump Pressure

PRES_FUEL_RAIL
Fuel Rail Pressure

PRES_BRAKE
Brake Pedal Pressure

PRES_BRAKE_BOOST
Brake Pump Pressure

LOAD_CAL
Calculated Engine Load

LOAD_ACT
Measured Engine Load

MAF1
Mass Air Flow

MAF2
Mass Air Flow

ACC_PEDAL_1
Acelerator Pedal Position

ACC_PEDAL_2
Acelerator Pedal Position

ACC_VALVE_1
Acelerator Valve Position

ACC_VALVE_2
Acelerator Valve Position

TORQUE
Engine Torque

POTENCIA
Engine Power (HP)

OIL_LEVEL
Oil Level

OIL_MIN_LEVEL
Oil Minimun Level

INJ_TIMING
Injection Timing

IGN_ANGLE
Ignition Angle

MIS_SUM
Misfire Sum

MIS_1
Misfire Cylinder 1

MIS_2
Misfire Cylinder 2

MIS_3
Misfire Cylinder 3

MIS_4
Misfire Cylinder 4

MIS_5
Misfire Cylinder 5

MIS_6
Misfire Cylinder 6

MIS_7
Misfire Cylinder 7

MIS_8
Misfire Cylinder 8

MIS_9
Misfire Cylinder 9

MIS_10
Misfire Cylinder 10

MIS_11
Misfire Cylinder 11

MIS_12
Misfire Cylinder 12

MIS_X1000_1
Misfire Cylinder 1

MIS_X1000_2
Misfire Cylinder 2

MIS_X1000_3
Misfire Cylinder 3

MIS_X1000_4
Misfire Cylinder 4

MIS_X1000_5
Misfire Cylinder 5

MIS_X1000_6
Misfire Cylinder 6

MIS_X1000_7
Misfire Cylinder 7

MIS_X1000_8
Misfire Cylinder 8

MIS_X1000_9
Misfire Cylinder 9

MIS_X1000_10
Misfire Cylinder 10

MIS_X1000_11
Misfire Cylinder 11

MIS_X1000_12
Misfire Cylinder 12

AD_1
Angle Delay Cylinder 1

AD_2
Angle Delay Cylinder 2

AD_3
Angle Delay Cylinder 3

AD_4
Angle Delay Cylinder 4

AD_5
Angle Delay Cylinder 5

AD_6
Angle Delay Cylinder 6

AD_7
Angle Delay Cylinder 7

AD_8
Angle Delay Cylinder 8

AD_9
Angle Delay Cylinder 9

AD_10
Angle Delay Cylinder 10

AD_11
Angle Delay Cylinder 11

AD_12
Angle Delay Cylinder 12

TEMP_EXHA_1
Exhaust Temperature

TEMP_EXHA_2
Exhaust Temperature

TEMP_E_CAT
Catalyzer Input Temperature

AFR_LAMBDA_1
AIR/FUEL Ratio (LAMBDA 1)

AFR_LAMBDA_2
AIR/FUEL Ratio (LAMBDA 2)

FUEL_TRIM_1_3
Fuel Trim Bank 1/3

FUEL_TRIM_2_4
Fuel Trim Bank 2/4

N75_SPE
N75 Duty Cycle Specified

N75_ACT
N75 Duty Cycle Actual

INJ_QTY
Injection Quantity

INJ_START
Injection Start

INJ_DUR
Injection Duration

INJ_START_QTY
Injection Start Quantity

INJ_QTY_1 (D.1 m/str)
Injection Quantity 1

INJ_QTY_2 (D.2 m/str)
Injection Quantity 2

INJ_QTY_3 (D.3 m/str)
Injection Quantity 3

INJ_QTY_4 (D.4 m/str)
Injection Quantity 4

INJ_QTY_5 (D.5 m/str)
Injection Quantity 5

INJ_QTY_6 (D.6 m/str)
Injection Quantity 6

INJ_QTY_7 (D.7 m/str)
Injection Quantity 7

INJ_QTY_8 (D.8 m/str)
Injection Quantity 8

INJ_QTY_9 (D.9 m/str)
Injection Quantity 9

INJ_QTY_10 (D.10 m/str)
Injection Quantity 10

INJ_QTY_11 (D.11 m/str)
Injection Quantity 11

INJ_QTY_12 (D.12 m/str)
Injection Quantity 12

EGR_1
EGR Duty Cycle, EGR 1

EGR_2
EGR Duty Cycle, EGR 2

CHAR_PRES_CTR_SPE
Charge Pressure Control Specified

CHAR_PRES_CTR_ACT
Charge Pressure Control Actual

TEMP_PRE_TURBO
Temperature Prior Boost

DPF_TEMP_1
DPF Temperature, DPF 1

DPF_TEMP_2
DPF Temperature, DPF 2

DPF_VOL_1
DPF Oil Ash Volume, DPF 1

DPF_VOL_2
DPF Oil Ash Volume, DPF 2

DPF_LLENADO
DPF Filling

DPF_CONT_REG
DPF Regeneration Counter

TEMP_E_DPF
DPF Input Temperature

TEMP_S_DPF
DPF Output Temperature

LATERAL_G
G Lateral Force

Tigger73
30-06-2013, 11:36 PM
I still have a couple of units left from the last shipment.

Tigger73
10-07-2013, 03:47 PM
I have one unit left and then I'm going to call it quits.

$349 shipped or pick-up in Adelaide for $335.

Get in quick to grab this last one!

Tigger73
11-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Last unit sold pending payment

Reality819
20-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Hi guys, so where can I buy one now? Was thinking of a P3, but now very interested in the Polar FIS+ Advanced.

Tigger73
20-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Best place is off autopolar website there's a link to their online shop.

Whatsisname
20-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Just placed my order for a FIS+ Advanced a moment ago - via the Autopolar online shop.

Tigger73
20-08-2013, 04:39 PM
If you need any help with the install let me know :)

Reality819
22-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Best place is off autopolar website there's a link to their online shop.

Cool, put my order through. Now the wait!

shakkas
23-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Damn just read this thread and missed out.

If another offer comes through, I will be first to put money down!

Whatsisname
27-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks mate. It appears the MKV is reasonably straight forward, assuming the CANbus connector is in the same place on the Pirelli as the regular MKV GTI - don't see why not. Set-up of the software and display etc... that is where your SME knowledge comes in! :)

If you need any help with the install let me know :)

Keizer23q
02-07-2014, 09:56 AM
hey guys i am interested in purchasing this unit for my r32 09 model.

i found two sites

http://www.movitelonline.com/b2c/producto/AUTO-POLAR-FIS-INTERFACE/2/polar-fis-advanced-pf03-interface-black-kessy-2014-

and http://www.polarteam.net/en/home/65-polar-fis-advanced.html

just wondering if any of you guys have experience in purchasing from these online stores and also how was the service as well as how easy and or hard was the install of the unit. im a Information Technology guy so i love gadgets like this and i must have it :p

Tigger73
02-07-2014, 11:36 PM
hey guys i am interested in purchasing this unit for my r32 09 model.

i found two sites

http://www.movitelonline.com/b2c/producto/AUTO-POLAR-FIS-INTERFACE/2/polar-fis-advanced-pf03-interface-black-kessy-2014-

and http://www.polarteam.net/en/home/65-polar-fis-advanced.html

just wondering if any of you guys have experience in purchasing from these online stores and also how was the service as well as how easy and or hard was the install of the unit. im a Information Technology guy so i love gadgets like this and i must have it :p

Movitel is a bit cheaper as they take off the VAT when selling outside Europe, though they are just a reseller and have no real tech back-up or support. Also they are a Spanish based company and banking is done through Spain. This can cause problems when trying to use credit cards for transactions. They do accept PayPal, however comes with additional charges.

Polarteam is the manufacturer. I organised all the group buys direct with these guys and never had any issues with payments/deliveries. Where there were the occasional product issue (these did happen in the early days before the software was mature/stable), they were very quick to resolve problems and had their engineers onto issues as soon as they were identified.

See the DIY thread for installation details: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?12656-Polar-FIS-Advance-Interface&highlight=autopolar

I still have mine installed and use it every day. Mostly for the mirror dipping function and also run my main screen in the MFD with ECU speed (=correct speed), oil level, fuel litres and oil temp.

Keizer23q
03-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for that i will look at purchasing this for my r32 :)

ends up being abit over $400 and that is really cheap considering the p3 gauge doesn't do more then half this stuff and costs like 500.

i may need some help installing it because im not very good with things like this and not very patient i would end up snapping something so if any one fromt he forum is willing to help out or maybe organize a DIY day as we haven't done this in a long time

Tigger73
03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks for that i will look at purchasing this for my r32 :)

ends up being abit over $400 and that is really cheap considering the p3 gauge doesn't do more then half this stuff and costs like 500.

i may need some help installing it because im not very good with things like this and not very patient i would end up snapping something so if any one fromt he forum is willing to help out or maybe organize a DIY day as we haven't done this in a long time

Quite a few people that have done this mod. Finding the gateway is your largest challenge. After that it's working out how to set up your screens. Mk5 with red MFDs actually have more options as far as how many parameters you want per display so you'll have some fun once you've got it installed for sure! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M4RK0
03-07-2014, 11:09 AM
The Polar is by far the best gauge in the market, the options of data that you can see are amazing, plus the integration with the MFD it's flawless, maybe not that flashy as P3, but it all depends of what you want to see, just boost? P3, Podi, SouthPerformance, Defi are the way,

I have an analog Podi boost gauge and the Polar to read different values that I'm always interested, for me that's the perfect combo,

Keizer23q
03-07-2014, 02:16 PM
The Polar is by far the best gauge in the market, the options of data that you can see are amazing, plus the integration with the MFD it's flawless, maybe not that flashy as P3, but it all depends of what you want to see, just boost? P3, Podi, SouthPerformance, Defi are the way,

I have an analog Podi boost gauge and the Polar to read different values that I'm always interested, for me that's the perfect combo,

yeh well i was thinking of getting digital gauges and or analogue gauges for fuel pressure oil pressure and air fuel ration and putting them in the centre of the dashsimular to adrians golf tdi and then wanted to have the polar for all the temperatures and stuff so i have it all at hand. i dont need boost as my car is n/a but when i eventually turbo my r32 with hpa i will need boost and the polar will help me there :P

like i said i might just need a hand installing these things as im not very good with them types of things and sensors etc it will be a fair bit of work but any feedback of places i can go to get these installed will be helpfull

Ads18x
23-07-2014, 11:55 PM
I know these GBs have finished but Is there a local supplier I can get one through.

I could buy direct from the polarteam site, but rather get one through a shop or something so I've got somewhere to take it if it's faulty.

Tigger73
23-07-2014, 11:58 PM
If you're worried about after sales support best buy through PolarTeam direct. They are the manufacturers and have engineers to support the product. Most others are just online shops without tech support.

I dealt with PolarTeam for all the group buys and never had any issues with warranty/support.

d3vour3r
29-07-2015, 03:43 PM
is there going to be another group buy for this?

Wasntme
30-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Hi Nath,

I am currently running one which closes tomorrow. let me know you are interested.

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?25370-Group-Buy-Autopolar-FIS-Advanced/page1