PDA

View Full Version : EOI - Carbon fibre goodness, projectors, LED tails

iluvbrownale
10-08-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm feeling out if people would be interested in a group buy on some carbon fibre goodness, projector lamps and LED tails.

Carbon Fibre bonnet - US$550
Carbon fibre rear spolier (very similar to OSIR style) - US$150
Carbon fibre foglight grilles (very very similar to OSIR style) - $100
Xenon look projectors (OEM style, not inc bulbs) US$400 (inc delivery)
LED tails (OEM Jetta look) US$250 (would need to mod to RHD)

I'd need at least 10 to make it happen. I may get samples of everything first and then anyone in Sydney can have a look and make a report on looks.

Have no idea how this compares with ECS, TM Tuning etc pricing but before I put the hard yards in trying to organise a deal I just wondered if anyone here was interested. Just post a reply here and if there's a bit of interest I'll get the ball rolling.

Paolo
10-08-2010, 02:21 PM
interested in the carbon rear spoiler

ps do they fit flush? i heard osir was spot on whilst many other aftermarket carbon stuff doesn't eg seibon

bwen
10-08-2010, 02:42 PM
I would be interested in the CF fog light grill. Possibly the spoiler too. When do you think the purchase will go ahead?

Lazy_eye
10-08-2010, 03:02 PM
would be interested in a CF Hood! Shipping costs?

Bizi
10-08-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks for offering this, Mike. :)

Do the rear spoilers include shipping? I'd have thought that shipping would be the killer for the larger items you list.

I'm tempted by the headlights as my bixenons fell through. If you can arrange a sample set, maybe we could have a CF party (of the old Tupperware kind). :)

iluvbrownale
10-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for offering this, Mike. :)

Do the rear spoilers include shipping? I'd have thought that shipping would be the killer for the larger items you list.

I'm tempted by the headlights as my bixenons fell through. If you can arrange a sample set, maybe we could have a CF party (of the old Tupperware kind). :)

shipping to aus isn't quite as bad as expected. Basically I'm talking to a couple of chinese firms and it's early days yet, but I have some colleagues that may prove useful from our import section of the business. I'm not looking for anything ongoing so it'll be a one off deal but I don't want it to end up like The Pursuit of Happyness and I end up with a lounge full of MK5 Golf parts! However, I'm thinking I might just get one of each on a punt if there's enough interest from the community and then have the Tupperware party as suggested, where we can all coo over the parts and bitch about men. Don't expect anything to happen fast here either, for a start i'm going back to England for two weeks so will see what's cooking when I get back. The more maybe's I get, the better.

Bizi
10-08-2010, 07:26 PM
shipping to aus isn't quite as bad as expected. Basically I'm talking to a couple of chinese firms and it's early days yet, but I have some colleagues that may prove useful from our import section of the business. I'm not looking for anything ongoing so it'll be a one off deal but I don't want it to end up like The Pursuit of Happyness and I end up with a lounge full of MK5 Golf parts! However, I'm thinking I might just get one of each on a punt if there's enough interest from the community and then have the Tupperware party as suggested, where we can all coo over the parts and bitch about men. Don't expect anything to happen fast here either, for a start i'm going back to England for two weeks so will see what's cooking when I get back. The more maybe's I get, the better.

In case you or your suppliers have a few other pieces on offer, I'd be keen for a CF Jetta MkV rear valance! :D Do they 'replicate' the Oettinger Jetta rear valance? :)

iluvbrownale
10-08-2010, 08:56 PM
In case you or your suppliers have a few other pieces on offer, I'd be keen for a CF Jetta MkV rear valance! :D Do they 'replicate' the Oettinger Jetta rear valance? :)

if we're talking about the bottom of the rear bumper then probably as I have seen one for the golf but didn't look at Jetta.

Looking 99% that the CF bonnets are US$550 inc. delivery to your door.

YIP
11-08-2010, 03:05 PM
interested in the bonnet and spoiler!

stevie
11-08-2010, 04:12 PM
I'd be interested in a spoiler and maybe LED tails

Bizi
11-08-2010, 11:09 PM
FYI, here's a pic of the Oettinger Jetta rear. Just in case your supplier can replicate. ;)

http://www.oettinger.com.au/latest/Jetta%205/OE%20Jetta%20H%20020307%20C.jpg

Islos
15-08-2010, 08:59 AM
U able to get mk5 r32 rear velance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bizi
16-08-2010, 10:52 PM
OSIR (style) Jetta slimline rear spoiler?

http://www.cooride-net.com/osir/osir2/gti/photo/telsonjettav_2.jpg

OSIR (style) DTM style rear valace for Jetta
http://www.cooride-net.com/osir/osir2/gti/photo/dtm%20jetta%20v2.jpg

OSIR (style) Jetta V side skirts
http://www.cooride-net.com/osir/osir2/gti/photo/skirtvettav_1.jpg

OSIR (style) FCS GT2 front
http://www.cooride-net.com/osir/osir2/gti/photo/fcsgt2_1.jpg

BBR32
16-08-2010, 11:27 PM
the Carbon fibre rear spolier i might be in too

stephen8512
16-08-2010, 11:42 PM
FYI, here's a pic of the Oettinger Jetta rear. Just in case your supplier can replicate. ;)

http://www.oettinger.com.au/latest/Jetta%205/OE%20Jetta%20H%20020307%20C.jpg

Ben unfortunately this is an "artists impression" of the rear bar. Oettinger never made these. I should know because I actually wanted one for my Jetta but was told they dont have it because it was only a rendering. That and I was against it because 1) it would have been damn expensive being oettinger and 2), too much custom fabrication would be needed to get the twin dual tip exhausts to work

Bizi
17-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Ben unfortunately this is an "artists impression" of the rear bar. Oettinger never made these. I should know because I actually wanted one for my Jetta but was told they dont have it because it was only a rendering. That and I was against it because 1) it would have been damn expensive being oettinger and 2), too much custom fabrication would be needed to get the twin dual tip exhausts to work

Yes, I though so, too. Since the only source for the image was, ironically, Oettinger's au distributor's site. ;)
There are few options around, which is odd considering how popular small sedans are, which could have a similar moulding, then customised to fit specific applications (e.g. CF diffuser plus plastic valance aroud the sides, for each specific model car).

I missed out on the Audi CF TTS CTM valance from OzAudi, to another member who frequents this forum.

MasterKevin
17-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Anything for the mk6? :D

andyhui01
20-08-2010, 05:00 PM
Interested in the Rear Carbon Spoiler

fung9420
30-08-2010, 04:27 AM
would be keen for the spoiler...
PM me if actually happening... since im not always on forum

boggey
30-08-2010, 09:49 PM
U able to get mk5 r32 rear velance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be up for this too and a glossy carbon front grill :)

78AGU
30-08-2010, 10:39 PM
are u doing this through alibaba?

I'd be in for the carbon spoiler..

Bizi
31-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Any news?

I've seen other OSIR knockoffs advertised on other forums, so it's not like this hasn't been done before. Thanks for trying to get it going here. I hope that something comes of it and people can see if it's good enough.

iluvbrownale
01-09-2010, 11:21 AM
sorry guys, been o/s for a while but back now. flat knacker at the moment so will need to go through all the options again and sort out the pricing etc. Gimme a week.

Paolo
16-09-2010, 07:22 PM
bump! whats the dealio

_gti
04-12-2011, 11:39 PM
pics?

Chinaski
18-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Interested in the LED tails for a MkV R32....

Steve
18-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Interested in the LED tails for a MkV R32....that's a big bump old mate. You still on Beijing time?

M4RK0
18-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Wow! This is an oldie!! LOL! 2010 ah! Memories.... :)

Chinaski
18-07-2012, 11:59 PM
that's a big bump old mate. You still on Beijing time?

Got home early hours of this morning mate! - been a workin man today!

iluvbrownale
22-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow! This is an oldie!! LOL! 2010 ah! Memories.... :)

So I began reading from the start, thinking "yeah I'd be up for a few of those things and funny cos I started a thread like that ages ago. Glad someone else is organising this again".

Oh, wait, ah yeah.