PDA

View Full Version : Ohlins Coilover Suspension

Pro Speed Euro
13-02-2014, 04:51 PM
We are one of the biggest Dealers of Ohlins in Australia. We have been selling these for quite a while with outstanding results.

This balanced suspension package provides racetrack performance with street comfort, and features conventional shocks both front and rear. Each front shock includes top mount, height adjustor, preload adjustor, length adjustor (15mm lower than stock), single bleed adjustor, model-specific spring rates, and dust covers.

The rear Íhlins shocks each feature a single-bleed adjuster, preload adjuster (approximately 15mm lower than stock), properly rated coil spring, dust cover, and a top mount, as applicable. Both front and rear components have Dual-Flow Valves (DFV) and are light weight, corrosion resistant, fully rebuildable for a lifetime of service, and come with a two-year limited warranty.

Pro Speed Euro is Authorised Dealer for Ohlins and cover all Warranty in Australia. No sending parts overseas to be inspected. Rebuildable in Australia as well..

Price: $3995

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/product_images/g/450/EVO_IIV_X1__43678_zoom.jpg

DBP
13-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Fantastic piece of kit from a benchmark manufacturer.

Do you have a run sheet of availability across models/platforms ie AWD R32/R applications versus FWD etc etc?

Dub
13-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Fantastic piece of kit from a benchmark manufacturer.

Do you have a run sheet of availability across models/platforms ie AWD R32/R applications versus FWD etc etc?

Agreed. R32 Mk5 indicative pricing would be nice. :)

Jig
13-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I presume the price below is for your road and track coil over system? If it is, then that is a good price? I presume rebound, compression and height is available but is the camber top plates an option or is it also part of this kit and the price? How much lowering height does the R&T system yield?

WElcome to VWG. I absolutely love Ohlins but I've always thought the pricing was high on premium side and was more focused on racing but it seems I am mistaken???

We are one of the biggest Dealers of Ohlins in Australia. We have been selling these for quite a while with outstanding results.

This balanced suspension package provides racetrack performance with street comfort, and features conventional shocks both front and rear. Each front shock includes top mount, height adjustor, preload adjustor, length adjustor (15mm lower than stock), single bleed adjustor, model-specific spring rates, and dust covers.

The rear Íhlins shocks each feature a single-bleed adjuster, preload adjuster (approximately 15mm lower than stock), properly rated coil spring, dust cover, and a top mount, as applicable. Both front and rear components have Dual-Flow Valves (DFV) and are light weight, corrosion resistant, fully rebuildable for a lifetime of service, and come with a two-year limited warranty.

Pro Speed Euro is Authorised Dealer for Ohlins and cover all Warranty in Australia. No sending parts overseas to be inspected. Rebuildable in Australia as well..

Price: $3995

http://www.prospeedracing.com.au/product_images/g/450/EVO_IIV_X1__43678_zoom.jpg

Pro Speed Euro
13-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Hey Guys

Here is the info sheet from the Official Ohlins website

NOTE: No 4WD models have yet been tested. Please
handle these case by case as we have no specific
information regarding fitment on 4WD models.
VW Scirocco, 2008- also fits the “R” version of this car,
however the height of the car with the Íhlins kit will remain
the same as the OE car as the “R” version is lower as
standard. Performance of our kit for this car is not affected
and still at a very high level. At the moment our intention is
not to lower this car further as the stroke is needed for the
best performance and comfort.

http://www.roadandtrackbyohlins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/ohlins_prodnews_201303_rt-auto_VW_golf_skoda_audi.pdf

Pro Speed Euro
13-02-2014, 11:25 PM
for the R&T coilovers these are the only ones that they make for the VW.

Pro Speed Euro
13-02-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey Jig,

In Australia the only Coilover they offer is the R&T DFV. Others like the plain DFV are not offered in Australia and most that do have them come from Japan, and parts or servicing are not possible.

Road and Track Coilovers that we sell are fully backed by Ohlins Sweden and of course come with warranty.

we use these in our MY11 STI and are probably the best set of coilovers i have ever used for both Track and Street.

I presume the price below is for your road and track coil over system? If it is, then that is a good price? I presume rebound, compression and height is available but is the camber top plates an option or is it also part of this kit and the price? How much lowering height does the R&T system yield?

WElcome to VWG. I absolutely love Ohlins but I've always thought the pricing was high on premium side and was more focused on racing but it seems I am mistaken???

Dub
14-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Lachlan,

Have you been in direct contact with the manufacturer to see if the AWD position is still current? I was aware of this, but I had heard chatter that there was in fact a kit on offer for the R32.

antihero3000
14-02-2014, 07:17 AM
So. Much. Want.

Jig
14-02-2014, 09:47 AM
It seems the application list from Ohlins is not quite as vast as yet but its definitely a good start for sure. I can see Ohlins has spent a lot of time on racing and are now catching up for street applications. It can only get better...

Pro Speed Euro
14-02-2014, 10:40 AM
We have emailed Ohlins this morning to get some clarity on the fittment for the R and the AWD. But im thinking they wont be suitable for the AWD. The list i got was updated in January.

El_gti91
14-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Paging "Grandturismo".

Al, get on this man! :)

Nathan_b
14-02-2014, 06:07 PM
welcome!

Do you have a kit, say, for a..... 2013 E3 HSV Maloo?

Pro Speed Euro
15-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Hey Nathan

Nope they dont do sorry

Only Jap and Euro Cars

Pro Speed Euro
19-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey Guys

We just got an email back from Sweeden

We are not 100% sure because we have not tried our shocks on that car but we think it fits, you have to check one other thing, the diameter on (Íhlins) clamping of the front shocks have to be 55mm, the sad thing is that VW have both 50 and 55mm and no one knows witch model have 50 and 55mm so have to measure every time.