Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf R Clutch & Flywheel Part Numbers

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Goran

Golf R Clutch & Flywheel Part Numbers

Hi All,

For those looking at getting OEM clutch components or upgraded SACHS components, here are some part numbers to help out.

VW OEM Dual Mass Flywheel - 06F 105 266 AG
    VW OEM Clutch Kit - 06F 141 015 CX
    VW OEM Release Bearing (aka Central Slave Cylinder, Throw Out Bearing etc) - 0A5 141 671 E

SACHS SRE Clutch Plate - 881864.999502 (Available from www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk)
    SACHS SRE Pressure Plate - 883082.001394 (Available from www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk)
    SACHS SRE Release Bearing (aka Central Slave Cylinder, Throw Out Bearing etc) - 613182.600197 (Available from www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk)

SACHS OEM Clutch Kit w/release bearing - 3000 990 199
    SACHS OEM Clutch Kit - 3000 951 830
    SACHS OEM Release Bearing (aka Central Slave Cylinder, Throw Out Bearing etc) - 3182 997 901

LUK OEM Dual Mass Flywheel - 415033110 (Available from www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk)

Pricing for a complete kit incl: Clutch Plate, Pressure Plate, Flywheel and CSC ranges from $1385 (Darkside Developments) for the SACHS SRE/LUK Combo from the UK to $2315 for OEM from VW dealer in Australia. Basically shop around...

All these part numbers are current as of 17/07/13. If anyone else has any other brands/part no's to add then please add it to the thread so we have one place to go for them.

Of course, as always, ensure you double check any part no's before purchasing/fitting. This thread is only for reference.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Gogi; 15-08-2013 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Added website addresses
    2011 RB Golf R with a real gearbox!! Here is a tip to increase your performance for free...take a dump before driving...

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

Hijack. You could a DXD Southbend clutch from me, why not get the best clutch at the best price.

click here

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Goran

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    Hijack. You could a DXD Southbend clutch from me, why not get the best clutch at the best price.

click here
    I was tossing up wether to get that kit or not but in the end i decided that i did not want any hint of noise coming from the clutch and from all the research that i have done, you tube video's i have watched and forums i have read, the SB Silent kit still gives off some audible chatter.

With the OEM flywheel and SACHS SRE kit it is all still using OEM parts and manufacturers which gaurantees there will be no issues with fitment and noise. Also, it is the same price as the SB Kits delivered (including the DMF and CSC) which makes it a feasible alternative.

The only way i will install the SB kit is if i am given a gaurantee covering parts and labour cost that there will be absolutely no noise eminating from the clutch. You give me that am i will gladly buy it from you.

by the way, it's good to have these options as some people might be sensitive to noise and comfort like me, others might be performance addicted like you!
    2011 RB Golf R with a real gearbox!! Here is a tip to increase your performance for free...take a dump before driving...

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

A review from a customer that got a Daily Stage 2 clutch installed on Monday http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?15011-Tarmac-Engineering-Southbend-DXD-Clutch-Dealer&p=343900#post343900

If you want a good strong clutch but are still worried about chatter there are things you can do to prevent it. Its secret squirrel race car stuff though, costs slightly more when installing too.

You make some good points regarding OEM parts.

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Goran

Sachs SRE Clutch Kit fitted with the LUK (OEM) Dual Mass Flywheel by Port Hacking Automotive aka Recode Tuning Services and very happy with the result! No rattles, no noises whatsoever! It sounds exactly like a stock clutch however does not slip at all BUT the pedal is noticeably heavier...

Daily
    MY12 Golf R
    2nd Car
    8V S3
    Name
    Ben

But its dual mass. On a tuned car that is shit. Rev hang is the worst feeling, you can get a single mass without any rattle these days.....

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Goran

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
    But its dual mass. On a tuned car that is shit. Rev hang is the worst feeling, you can get a single mass without any rattle these days.....
    No one will gaurantee there will be no rattle with a single mass flywheel, not even you . Every mechanic that i spoke to that had installed a single mass flywheel and clutch conversion, regardless of brand, said that they heard an audible rattle when idling in neutral. After all, they don't spend millions of dollars on engineering making something smooth and refined only to have ordinary people think they know better.

I agree, the rev hang is a PITA but that can be tuned out to an extent as it is electronic as much as it is inertia. I much rather have the rpm's hold a little rather than sounding like a Ducati that is falling to pieces. My opinion only of course.

At the end of the day, i could have saved alot of money by not buying a quiet, refined Golf R if i wanted something loud and rattly.

Daily
    Cityrail
    2nd Car
    Mk6 R

Sorry to resurrect this post after three and a half years, but a clutch is the next thing on my shopping list after going stage 2 and I wanted to confirm some things with you guys.

My Mk6 R is stage 2, and after having the downpipe fitted, the clutch is right on the edge of starting to slip in 4th and onwards. After some research I've decided what I want to do is fit a Sachs Performance (SRE?) stage 2 clutch kit while retaining the OEM dual mass flywheel.

This thread is awesome, but I wanted to confirm this is the correct part I should be looking at. It doesn't quite match the Sachs part number you've listed Goran, but the page does state it matches VW Manufacturer Part Number 06F 141 015 C ***. Seeing as we have a 06F 141 015 CX in the Mk6 R I am pretty sure it's the right kit but wanted to make sure before I pulled the trigger.

Also Goran another quick question, what made you go for the LUK DMF with the Sachs SRE clutch as opposed to using the stock DMF on the car? Was it worn?

Cheers in advance for the help!

Daily
    MY12 Golf R -Bluefin
    2nd Car
    was a MY01 wrx
    Name
    Tony

Bringing an ancient thread up here...

Well, I finally fitted the SACHs SRE kit that I bought in a group buy here in 2014 to my Golf R. I was dragging my feet about getting this done, living with the slipping in 3rd under hard acceleration, but last month, my hand was dealt when the clutch pedal went to the floor and I had to push the car off the road (managed to reverse out my driveway and into the middle of the street, then couldn't get any clutch dis-engage to get into gear to drive off)... and noticed a small puddle of fluid on the garage floor, and saw the dripping of clutch/brake fluid from the bell housing. A couple of pumps of the pedal and I had some kind of clutch for the past month (a lot of air in the system) so the leak wasn't a total dump of fluid, but enough that I needed to organise to get the box out ASAP to of course replace the slave, and have the SACHS SRE kit finally fitted.
    It was fitted today by Adam at A1 Autohaus in Ryde, they replaced the slave with a metal slave also (I should have ordered the full Sachs flywheel, SRE, slave back in 2014!). Pressure plate still had machining grooves (like a vinyl record) in it, similarly the flywheel, and the clutch plate had maybe 50% meat still on it, but a few worn spots/hot spots on both flywheel and pressure plate, just more torque than it was designed for really. Adam suggested going the NPC kit, I read a lot of good things about it, but I also read about chattering idle, chattering deceleration, shuddering on acceleration which I just don't think I can cope with so the whole reason for getting just extra torque update with the DMF still.

Pedal feel-
    Definitely more muscle needed than the pussy stock clutch, but it is so nice to be able to hit the throttle hard and not have the revs go up with no extra speed (Bluefin Stage2 tune with ~205kW at the wheels).

I had different part numbers in the group buy for the pressure plate than what is shown above-
    88 1864 999 502 for the organic clutch plate
    88 3082 999 787 for the pressure plate

A lot of googling and now SRE pressure plate part number is now 883082.001394 (as detailed in post 1). When I do a bit more digging, it seems one part number was for LUK flywheels, and one for SACHs, and it seems the locating dowel diameter is slightly different between the two flywheels and people were having to drill the locating holes in one of the SACHs kits. I had to have a new LUK flywheel and the pressure plate went on fine. I tried to find what else differed between those 2 part numbers, given how long ago this was bought, I just cannot find any detailed technical's on this from SACHs or anywhere.
    ​---
    MY12 RB Manual Golf R | Bluefin stg2 | Milltek Res Turbo-Back

+ Reply to Thread