Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slade's Stage 2+ Pirelli

Daily
    MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli
    2nd Car
    Pulsar GTiR
    Name
    Luke

Quote Originally Posted by GTGUY View Post
    Congrats on the purchases, can't say I'm a fan of the R-Look tails, but if you like them so be it.

Parts4Euro is a Forum Sponsor, they also give our forum person discount codes: http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread....au-Members-***
    cheers Jon, I love the look myself, its the one thing that i notice when i pull up to an R, always mutter something to the effect of "wish my mk5 had those lights", and now it will! if nothing else the smoked/dark style will blend well with my paint colour (which looks the same as yours i think?)

next it will get a full dyno (before CAI install) then tune, then dyno again, then CAI install, then dyno again. will post pics, reviews and dyno results as soon as possible

Daily
    MKV GTI
    Name
    Mel

Nice list of mods there
    Looking forward to seeing them on

Daily
    MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli
    2nd Car
    Pulsar GTiR
    Name
    Luke

In an update parts4euro.com has kindly sent me an email saying that half the things on my order are backordered with NO ETA even though I was careful to make sure I did not select any backordered items, clearly they need to update their site more frequently (4th of july or not).

they have offered me different items instead. I'm not inclined to take them up on it. pretty pissed off because now I have to wait for a refund before sourcing the items elsewhere.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by slade View Post
    In an update parts4euro.com has kindly sent me an email saying that half the things on my order are backordered with NO ETA even though I was careful to make sure I did not select any backordered items, clearly they need to update their site more frequently (4th of july or not).

they have offered me different items instead. I'm not inclined to take them up on it. pretty pissed off because now I have to wait for a refund before sourcing the items elsewhere.
    Talk to V-Tech Australia for Importing stuff.

Daily
    MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli
    2nd Car
    Pulsar GTiR
    Name
    Luke

Talk to V-Tech Australia for Importing stuff.
    ok, i know im painting everyone with the same brush but in my experience its better to get from a large parts site that has it in stock and will ship in a day or two than rely on local companies to get around to ordering it, put it off until they have a large order, wait wait wait. im not keen on waiting 6 weeks like i did the last time i ordered something for my other car. sadly the states has it beat on turnaround time for global shipping.

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

ok, i know im painting everyone with the same brush but in my experience its better to get from a large parts site that has it in stock and will ship in a day or two than rely on local companies to get around to ordering it, put it off until they have a large order, wait wait wait. im not keen on waiting 6 weeks like i did the last time i ordered something for my other car. sadly the states has it beat on turnaround time for global shipping.
    Yeah you are definitely painting people with the same brush. V-Tech's longest wait so far was 3 weeks for a set of Coilovers. I've bought BOVs, engine covers, Wheels, Coils, etc from him and he's local IN Melbourne. There's very little wait time for his stuff as he's always ordering for people and can usually get them in within a week. My NEUSPEED CF engine cover took 3 days from to get to me.

Daily
    MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli
    2nd Car
    Pulsar GTiR
    Name
    Luke

Yeah you are definitely painting people with the same brush. V-Tech's longest wait so far was 3 weeks for a set of Coilovers. I've bought BOVs, engine covers, Wheels, Coils, etc from him and he's local IN Melbourne. There's very little wait time for his stuff as he's always ordering for people and can usually get them in within a week. My NEUSPEED CF engine cover took 3 days from to get to me.
    That's impressive, I too used a local mob to source the neuspeed cf engine cover, but I dont think I can beat 3 days! will give them a look next time im ordering things, cheers

Daily
    R32 MKV
    Name
    Paul

That's impressive, I too used a local mob to source the neuspeed cf engine cover, but I dont think I can beat 3 days! will give them a look next time im ordering things, cheers
    why is waiting a major issue, when you could potentially be supporting local business?

Daily
    MkVI R
    2nd Car
    MY17 Polo
    Name
    Jon

No worries, Luke. Best of luck getting the rest of the spots and hopefully I'll see you around Melbourne some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    why is waiting a major issue, when you could potentially be supporting local business?
    This. I prefer to support local business for a couple dollars more. It also means I get local support and don't need to wait ages for a response. Unless the price difference if significant, always go the local route IMO.

Daily
    MKVI .:R
    2nd Car
    Built Evo 8 (sold)
    Name
    Tim

There's many examples where it's far more than a few dollars more though. Sometimes pricing here is close to double vs direct from US landed which can amount to paying hundreds more for sub 1K items. Look at H&R springs for example. If cost was no object sure, buy local all the time, but if cost was no object, I wouldn't be driving a golf.
    MY12 Golf.:R

+ Reply to Thread