Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mike's Candy White MK6 Golf TDI

Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike

Just a some photos after giving the car a quick wash. Lights look amazing all the time, so happy with the quality and they look amazing at night. Next on the list is to get the neuspeed intake in and looking at a tune just to juice up the car a little bit.

Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike

Most recent shot from a photoshoot with the gf's car:

Still a long way to go. Started uni so less time is being spent on the car, as well as money. On the books currently is to get the intake installed, and hopefully get a tune done. I'd like to see how far I can push this car just to make it an overall beast. I know its only a diesel but I'm sure its got plenty of potential.

I'll try and get the rest of the pics up soon

Daily
    Black Mk6 Golf Tdi
    Name
    Jason Smith

Hi Mike, was just reading about your firmware update you done on your rns510, how did you do it? I done mine myself with an Internet download, the update itself is awesome with the few new features I wanted. But...........I was warned from the website I downloaded the firmware update from that I run the risk of loosing my maps and my music stored on the hard drive. I wasn't to worried about the music cause I was sick of it all but I lost my maps. I bought a new map dvd and an Sd card with the latest maps on it but neither of them will work on the unit now. I have researched the net for hours and hours and days even to try and fix it. But I'm at a dead end. If you or any one on this forum could help me out I'd be forever great full. Cheers Jason

Daily
    TR mk6 GTI
    2nd Car
    1974 Kombi
    Name
    Damian

Where did you end up buying the headlights from? Are they DEPOs??

Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas

Super tidy TDI Mike - looks great. Headlights look great too.

Daily
    2010 Mk 6 Golf TDI
    Name
    Matt

Awesome look you've got going there, very similar to how I want my TDI to turn out. Killer stuff!

Daily
    MKV Golf TDI

Looking awesome mate! What intake and tune are you thinking of getting?

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jasenjones View Post
    Hi Mike, was just reading about your firmware update you done on your rns510, how did you do it? I done mine myself with an Internet download, the update itself is awesome with the few new features I wanted. But...........I was warned from the website I downloaded the firmware update from that I run the risk of loosing my maps and my music stored on the hard drive. I wasn't to worried about the music cause I was sick of it all but I lost my maps. I bought a new map dvd and an Sd card with the latest maps on it but neither of them will work on the unit now. I have researched the net for hours and hours and days even to try and fix it. But I'm at a dead end. If you or any one on this forum could help me out I'd be forever great full. Cheers Jason
    Are you sure you're installing the maps properly? Did you buy the maps from a certified dealer and/or reseller? I also saw the risks when updating my Nav but never ran into any problems during the install. In fact the whole thing went flawlessly in a couple of hours. Have you tried calling a dealer and seeing if they can shed any light on the situation? I'm not really trained in this area so I can't be of much help. Maybe there was a step you missed with the installation?

Quote Originally Posted by carazeee View Post
    Where did you end up buying the headlights from? Are they DEPOs??
    There was a thread in the MK6 subforums about some headlights one of the members bought off eBay from UK seller. I waited to see how the quality and everything was before pulling the trigger. Definitely the best change on the car so far. Driving at night is so much more rewarding, as weird as it seems. Sadly there was no indication of a brand anywhere on the box or the housing of the light itself, however they are very well made and have stood against the weather very well so far. A must buy if you need a light upgrade but OEM is out of your reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Super tidy TDI Mike - looks great. Headlights look great too.
    Thanks dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Matts_Disturbed View Post
    Awesome look you've got going there, very similar to how I want my TDI to turn out. Killer stuff!
    I've always wanted a car that stands out, and I've finally gotten it to a point where it no longer looks like a standard TDI! Keen to see how your car turns out. Let me know if you need help with anything

Quote Originally Posted by gabbaking View Post
    Looking awesome mate! What intake and tune are you thinking of getting?
    Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude. For the intake, I ordered a Neuspeed intake from the US, still waiting for it to arrive. There isn't much, if any, gains for changing the intake on a TDI but I bought it for the aesthetics anyway. As for the tune, I'm still shopping around. Most of the tunes run upwards of $1k so trying to figure out whats best for my car before pulling the trigger.

Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis

Looks good mate. Got a custom 42DD intake for my GTD with a k&n pod filter. Very loud and sounds awesome, definitely turns heads. Doesn't offer much for performance, ALOT of noise. Am going to sell it shortly if anyone wants, selling car. Would recommend REVO personally.
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike

Painted brake calipers a nice yellow and installed door warning LED lights. After a turn of events the car is now up for sale. Taking offers for the car as it currently sits. Photos will be taken this weekend and posted here.

+ Reply to Thread