Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 41

Thread: Mike's Candy White MK6 Golf TDI

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    96

    Just a some photos after giving the car a quick wash. Lights look amazing all the time, so happy with the quality and they look amazing at night. Next on the list is to get the neuspeed intake in and looking at a tune just to juice up the car a little bit.


















  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    96

    Most recent shot from a photoshoot with the gf's car:



    Still a long way to go. Started uni so less time is being spent on the car, as well as money. On the books currently is to get the intake installed, and hopefully get a tune done. I'd like to see how far I can push this car just to make it an overall beast. I know its only a diesel but I'm sure its got plenty of potential.

    I'll try and get the rest of the pics up soon

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Richmond Victoria
    Daily
    Black Mk6 Golf Tdi
    Name
    Jason Smith
    Posts
    1

    Hi Mike, was just reading about your firmware update you done on your rns510, how did you do it? I done mine myself with an Internet download, the update itself is awesome with the few new features I wanted. But...........I was warned from the website I downloaded the firmware update from that I run the risk of loosing my maps and my music stored on the hard drive. I wasn't to worried about the music cause I was sick of it all but I lost my maps. I bought a new map dvd and an Sd card with the latest maps on it but neither of them will work on the unit now. I have researched the net for hours and hours and days even to try and fix it. But I'm at a dead end. If you or any one on this forum could help me out I'd be forever great full. Cheers Jason

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Daily
    TR mk6 GTI
    2nd Car
    1974 Kombi
    Name
    Damian
    Posts
    112

    Where did you end up buying the headlights from? Are they DEPOs??

  5. #25
    Super Moderator Lucas_R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newcastle
    Daily
    Golf R
    Name
    Lucas
    Posts
    5,990

    Super tidy TDI Mike - looks great. Headlights look great too.

  6. #26
    Junior Member Matts_Disturbed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Daily
    2010 Mk 6 Golf TDI
    Name
    Matt
    Posts
    19

    Awesome look you've got going there, very similar to how I want my TDI to turn out. Killer stuff!

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Straya
    Daily
    MKV Golf TDI
    Posts
    66

    Looking awesome mate! What intake and tune are you thinking of getting?

    Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    96

    Quote Originally Posted by jasenjones View Post
    Hi Mike, was just reading about your firmware update you done on your rns510, how did you do it? I done mine myself with an Internet download, the update itself is awesome with the few new features I wanted. But...........I was warned from the website I downloaded the firmware update from that I run the risk of loosing my maps and my music stored on the hard drive. I wasn't to worried about the music cause I was sick of it all but I lost my maps. I bought a new map dvd and an Sd card with the latest maps on it but neither of them will work on the unit now. I have researched the net for hours and hours and days even to try and fix it. But I'm at a dead end. If you or any one on this forum could help me out I'd be forever great full. Cheers Jason
    Are you sure you're installing the maps properly? Did you buy the maps from a certified dealer and/or reseller? I also saw the risks when updating my Nav but never ran into any problems during the install. In fact the whole thing went flawlessly in a couple of hours. Have you tried calling a dealer and seeing if they can shed any light on the situation? I'm not really trained in this area so I can't be of much help. Maybe there was a step you missed with the installation?

    Quote Originally Posted by carazeee View Post
    Where did you end up buying the headlights from? Are they DEPOs??
    There was a thread in the MK6 subforums about some headlights one of the members bought off eBay from UK seller. I waited to see how the quality and everything was before pulling the trigger. Definitely the best change on the car so far. Driving at night is so much more rewarding, as weird as it seems. Sadly there was no indication of a brand anywhere on the box or the housing of the light itself, however they are very well made and have stood against the weather very well so far. A must buy if you need a light upgrade but OEM is out of your reach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Super tidy TDI Mike - looks great. Headlights look great too.
    Thanks dude!

    Quote Originally Posted by Matts_Disturbed View Post
    Awesome look you've got going there, very similar to how I want my TDI to turn out. Killer stuff!
    I've always wanted a car that stands out, and I've finally gotten it to a point where it no longer looks like a standard TDI! Keen to see how your car turns out. Let me know if you need help with anything

    Quote Originally Posted by gabbaking View Post
    Looking awesome mate! What intake and tune are you thinking of getting?
    Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk
    Thanks dude. For the intake, I ordered a Neuspeed intake from the US, still waiting for it to arrive. There isn't much, if any, gains for changing the intake on a TDI but I bought it for the aesthetics anyway. As for the tune, I'm still shopping around. Most of the tunes run upwards of $1k so trying to figure out whats best for my car before pulling the trigger.

  9. #29
    Senior Member TBJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Daily
    2016 RR Evoque
    Name
    Travis
    Posts
    1,828

    Looks good mate. Got a custom 42DD intake for my GTD with a k&n pod filter. Very loud and sounds awesome, definitely turns heads. Doesn't offer much for performance, ALOT of noise. Am going to sell it shortly if anyone wants, selling car. Would recommend REVO personally.
    TBJs GTD
    Check out Instagram - Range Rover @hsedynamic

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Daily
    MY15 LSG 7R
    Name
    Mike
    Posts
    96

    Painted brake calipers a nice yellow and installed door warning LED lights. After a turn of events the car is now up for sale. Taking offers for the car as it currently sits. Photos will be taken this weekend and posted here.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts