Volkswagen Golf MKIVolkswagen Golf MKIIVolkswagen Golf MKIIIVolkswagen Golf MKIVVolkswagen Golf MKVVolkswagen Golf MKVIVolkswagen Golf MKVII

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY Rear View Camera (RVC) installation on Golf "R".

Daily
    2010 Golf R20
    2nd Car
    LR D4 HSE
    Name
    Cameron

Brilliant. Thanks Chris for pulling it together.
    2010 Golf R, CW, 5dr, DSG, Recaros, leather, RNS510 and BT, Satnav, sunroof
    GTX3071 upgrade, IE forged internals, Spectune, Eurospec Tuning DSG tune, 90mm CAI, Ramspeed RS29, RB 4 pot callipers, 2 piece rotors, INA oil cooler, SP water injection, APR FMIC, hpfpupgrade stage 2, TTRS lpfp, KW Clubsport coilovers, SSP uprated clutches and DSG cooler, Haldex "competition" controller, TID Ultimate Shifters, Unibrace XB
    0-100kmh 3.92 secs, 209awkw pre-rebuild

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    ML 320
    Name
    Trevor

Thanks Chris, installed mine last weekend and your guide was very helpful. I took it slowly to make sure I didn't damage any trim pieces etc and it took me perhaps 3 hours.

We also have RVC on the ML and I have to say the Golf version is much clearer and more useful in low light too, highly recommended for tricky parking spots!

Daily
    Golf R 7.5 FE
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by group 3 View Post
    Thanks Chris, installed mine last weekend and your guide was very helpful. I took it slowly to make sure I didn't damage any trim pieces etc and it took me perhaps 3 hours.

We also have RVC on the ML and I have to say the Golf version is much clearer and more useful in low light too, highly recommended for tricky parking spots!
    Glad it was helpful.
    The PDF has been downloaded 53 times. I guess a keeping it on the "just in case"

Chris
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R 7.5 Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Now I'm really p1$$ed at VW! The factory "forgot" to install the RVC on my Golf R. The dealer has told me it can't be retrofitted and that I can have a "cheapo" after-market for $995! I'm going to be back in touch with VW Australia if you can buy the parts and DIY install it!

So thanks Chris for giving me the ammunition.

Daily
    Golf R 7.5 FE
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nabsta View Post
    Now I'm really p1$$ed at VW! The factory "forgot" to install the RVC on my Golf R. The dealer has told me it can't be retrofitted and that I can have a "cheapo" after-market for $995! I'm going to be back in touch with VW Australia if you can buy the parts and DIY install it!

So thanks Chris for giving me the ammunition.
    after market cheapo at $995 WTF. all the parts brand new with fourteen day delivery only cost me $650 AU.

If you follow the links to the ECS tuning site, the site also has the OEM part numbers. Your dealer can use these to order the parts. Rather than take a discount on the purchase of the car I would demand he order all the required parts and then install them yourself. I would not get the dealer to install as they would damage your car.

Chris
    The Car: MY20 Black Golf R 7.5 Final Edition, 5 Door, Driver assistance package, Sun Roof.

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    ML 320
    Name
    Trevor

Yep I paid around $600 including delivery from a guy in the UK, he makes up a loom with everything ready to go including the fuse, the only change needed was for the reverse light wiring as the R has leds and his loom suits the standard Golfs. Very easy to change a quick recode and away you go.

Daily
    Golf R 7.5 FE
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by group 3 View Post
    Yep I paid around $600 including delivery from a guy in the UK, he makes up a loom with everything ready to go including the fuse, the only change needed was for the reverse light wiring as the R has leds and his loom suits the standard Golfs. Very easy to change a quick recode and away you go.
    Did this Uk guy provide coding instructions ?

Mine work but I have always suspected there was one extra step that allowed for the display of reverse parking curved lines on the display. my coding does not allow for this.

Chris

Daily
    MY11 Golf R
    2nd Car
    Cervelo P3C (bike)
    Name
    David

Hey Chris, I indicated I had found DIY instructions to the sales guy at the dealers. He's gone to the sales manager now. We'll see what happens... ;-)

VCDS ordered anyway... ;-)
    Last edited by Nabsta; 03-10-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Daily
    Golf R 7.5 FE
    Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Nabsta View Post
    Hey Chris, I indicated I had found DIY instructions to the sales guy at the dealers. He's gone to the sales manager now. We'll see what happens... ;-)

VCDS ordered anyway... ;-)
    Please keep me informed, this should be interesting. Maybe you should have forwarded him the pdf in full.

Daily
    Golf R
    2nd Car
    ML 320
    Name
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by ozmale View Post
    Did this Uk guy provide coding instructions ?

Mine work but I have always suspected there was one extra step that allowed for the display of reverse parking curved lines on the display. my coding does not allow for this.

Chris
    No, I followed the coding info in your PDF.

+ Reply to Thread